The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just watched Sunday about those little kids sent over from England

2 posters

Go down

Just watched Sunday about those little kids sent over from England Empty Just watched Sunday about those little kids sent over from England

Post by smiley Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 am

I just want to say to them .If it was up to us.We would have loved you and treated you as our own and you would have been safe with us..and if we could have taken all of you we would have.We would never break up brothers and sisters and it was so wrong what happened to some of you! On New Zealands behalf I am Sorry!...There vent over No
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Just watched Sunday about those little kids sent over from England Empty Re: Just watched Sunday about those little kids sent over from England

Post by Paddy Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 am

Bless You for caring, Smiley.

A similar news article a few weeks ago caught my eye, where 'Polish' refuge children who were transported to New Zealand after WW2 had a reunion. I can't imagine the terror of their personal journies, those wee souls, many of whom did not speak any English at all. So brave, to have survived and flourished as they have. No matter their original nationalities, they deserved a lot lot better.

Kemal Ataturk said it far better than me:

"...You, the Mothers who sent your sons from far away countries...
Wipe away your tears: your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. ... they have become our our sons as well."

Ake Ake Ake.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down