The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile

5 posters

Go down

Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile Empty Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile

Post by is_it_me Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 am

attitude that is being shown towards ppl with depression and bi-polar?
Such ignorant attitudes about the proposed "nuthouse' being built in Meeanee for respite care.
It makes me so angry to see their ignorance and also a sense of shame knowing that I have that illness and how unacceptable I must appear to others.
Anyone else care to comment?
is_it_me
is_it_me

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile Empty Re: Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile

Post by moonskr Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 am

yeah, and that woman quoted in the article sounds like a right nutter and snobby to boot.
i'd rather be miserable occasionally than live her life

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile Empty Re: Has anyone been on TMMB tonight and read about the hostile

Post by jaffakiwi Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am

I haven't seen it yet, but all I want to say is you should absolutely not feel ashamed of depression. You deserve compassion and empathy. Don't feel that you are unacceptable to anyone.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by is_it_me Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 am

I felt insulted more than ashamed and then I started to wonder how many ppl might think I was a nutter!! It was good to see a few names from here expressing there opinions over there - I kinda felt like I was part of a team Smile Im so glad this site is here.
is_it_me
is_it_me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 am

Unfortuneitly nimbys (not in my backyard) and small minded people are part and parcle of dealing with a mental health issue. Part of the problem is a lack of understanding and lack of education around mental health issues.

We have come a long way with the level and type of discrimination faced by consumers but there is still more work to be done.

By the way look up mad pride, they are a global consumer group.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistameenah Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 am

which thread is it?
mistameenah
mistameenah

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 pm

is_it_me wrote:attitude that is being shown towards ppl with depression and bi-polar?
Such ignorant attitudes about the proposed "nuthouse' being built in Meeanee for respite care.
It makes me so angry to see their ignorance and also a sense of shame knowing that I have that illness and how unacceptable I must appear to others.
Anyone else care to comment?
Hi I am new on here and have just read this and had a little giggle to my self(actually the best laugh I have had in a long time) because when we sell our house here we are moving to meeanne in napier and I am a nut(haaaaaa snigger) I should fit it perfectly....watch out ignorant people you might be bringing me a cake to welcome me to the area... brilliant..just thought I would share so you could all snigger quietly with me Twisted Evil
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by is_it_me Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 am

Hi Smiley

Welcome to TBBD - cute puppy is it a cairns?
is_it_me
is_it_me

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 am

hi is_it_me.

.thankyou for the welcome.. yes he is cute he is a bitzer his mum is a jack russel crossed with something and his dad is a Maltese(cant spell)that had some fun ..he is 3 years old now and a completely different colour
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down