The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINZ

5 posters

Go down

WINZ Empty WINZ

Post by Martine Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 am

I am so afraid of these jobsworths.

I am on a disiability benefit now its so shameful the way they treat you.

They are now saying they will not be contributing to my rent. I don't earn anything and am trying to find work and can proved it to them because they insist I do.

And I go to the seminars they insist I attend.

Its a scary place this,

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

WINZ Empty Re: WINZ

Post by mistameenah Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 am

you are right, its very scary when someone else makes all the financial decisions for you,
you know what?
they are just human beans, and they have good days and bad days like us
but
they get to play god with our lives
if you ever feel they have mis-treated you, you must report them to who-ever is above them, i cant remember what they is called, also if they make a decision that you do not agree with, then ask for a review of decision, anything they tell you in regards to your payments, make sure they give it to you in writing, always keep your paper work.

its very hard to keep plodding on when you have to fight with a goverment department that is ment to be supportive.
but
don't let them bully you
there a beneficiary advocacy groups in most towns, so see if they can help you too.
i hope you dont mind me replying lol
WINZ just hurts my brain sometimes.
mistameenah
mistameenah

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks mistameenah they seem so threatening with the power they have over you.

We were lucky to get this rental because we have dogs if the winz folks don't help us right now it will be difficult to get another house that will let us keep the dogs.

Martine

Back to top Go down

WINZ Empty Re WINZ

Post by Guerrilla Roach Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 am

Sadly, I think that's what they are trying to achieve. They make the process hard as a sort of deterrent. Unfortunately they seem unable to realise, or care, that many on the benefit have little to no choice about it. The poor are stuck by economic, health, and many other circumstantially derived phenomenons.
You walk into a scary and inaccessible WINZ office and talk to pressured and poorly treated staff members, who are, thanks to their working environments, having any empathy sucked away. WINZ is a reflection of the political culture in charge and that ladies and gents, is the problem. Do something about it. Vote Green. It's about time our country stopped caring about the mighty buck and started adopting a more 'all for one and one for all' attitude. We are all in this together, after all, as the ad goes. So 'wake up' nz. Basketball
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 am

This is a huge issue for a number of us, including those like me who have worked within Ministry of Social Development, of the Social Welfare Dept as it was back in one Members time.

Ros, GR (great to see ya back here, I hope all is well with you and yours) or anyone else - do you have any contacts with a suitabley understanding and nonjudgemental Advocacy Service in Chch which has some success in Calming the Beast that is WINZ?

An Advocacy Group who could perhaps arrange not only a visit to our dear friend Martine, but also get her signed permission for that person to speak with and act on her behalf of, with WINZ?

I know WINZ has a special Chit for that permission. Then maybe, that person armed with facts and permission, may be able to penetrate the Labyrinth and see what if any assistance IS really available from the buggers. cheers

Thanks in advance,

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 am

I would advise a phone call or a visit to your local CAD. They will know of the advocacy services in Christchurch. Alternative another good is is the Mental Health Education and Resource Centre. Their number is 0800 424 399 and they are located at 221 Glouster Street.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 am

MHERC as a resource centre is excelent. Head up and talk to either Pip or Tristan. They're good people and will point you in the right direction. But anyone there is good to be honest. There is a group that deals with WINZ in the building on Gloucester st.

Hey Paddy, been up and down on the work front. Would you believe know I'm teaching business in a language school. Last term I was teaching business law. Insane for a boy from the social services lol Smile. Economic resessions suck lol.
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Sat May 22, 2010 3:19 am

Guerilla and Paddy

Thanks for the advice because they told me the other day, HEY, there's an RN job at the Rolleston Prison you could go for!

This was their expectation of me despite Drs Certificates etc and tears and tears and tears.

AS it happened on enquiry there was no vacancy at Rolleston Prison, well not for an RN anyway.

Right now I don't have the intestinal fortitude to leave the house never mind start work with the Correctional Services. Iam very very afraid.

Martine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 8:56 am

yeah , quite rightly too.. who would want to work in a prison for gods sake... you'd have to have nerves of steel!

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Martine..

Hugs for you.. it's not a pleasant place to visit at all.. I'm always in tears when there, not fun is it..

I found speaking to someone different there helped - they seem to run things differently with case officers now, so you see the next one available.. maybe take someone with you.. and perhaps write down what you're doing, what your health is.. and anything else that's relevant to your situation - I put absolutely everything in writing to them, (and keep copies of everything too).. so doing that might help..

They'll have the doctor's authority form for the disability assistance, so they need to be acting upon that.. otherwise they're going against medical advice they've used to determine whether the disability assistance is given.

I hope this helps.. very best wishes..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down