The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zopiclone

+7
Gabriell
rosie
becks
Martine
mover6
moonskr
logical-cents
11 posters

Go down

Zopiclone Empty Zopiclone

Post by logical-cents Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Ok so was prescribed these about a week ago now so I can finally get some sleep. The sleep is good. I take half to a whole tablet at night. One thing I've found though is that it leaves a revolting taste in your mouth afterwards.

And

WHEN ON EARTH DO YOU WAKE UP??????????

I swear I am going through each day now pretty much asleep, I don't remember what happened during the day. I can't even clearly recall what happened at work yesterday or in our meeting. Is this ever gonna go??
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Zopiclone Empty Re: Zopiclone

Post by moonskr Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm

I was prescribed them the other day but didn't take them once i read all the information about them online. The safety data sheet things from the u.s had alot of info i wasn't told, like the suggestion that you don't drive for the first few days you take them until you see how they affect you. If i recall correctly in the study they did 50% people had badly impared driving skills from them, not a risk i wanted to take. So it would seem they can make you sluggish/slow to react/spaced during the day as well. Maybe you need to have another talk with the doctor and see if they can try a different med or change the dosage? Can't be fun spending the day half alseep Sad

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:24 pm

I've fought for so long to stay of anything of the sort, but I need sleep so finally caved in. Dunno what's worse though sleeping properly and going through each day half asleep or not sleeping/very little sleep and going through each day totally shattered and exhausted.

Dosage probably can't be changed, I've got the flexibility to go from half a tablet up to 2 tablets a night. Most nights though I've gotta take one hole one to be able to sleep.

I'm driving to NP next Thursday, so thinking of stopping them on Monday so I'm awake for the drive.

Go back to pysch person on Tuesday.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by mover6 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I agree with the foul taste in the mouth. However at least I sleep. If I take half a one I find that I am awake at 2.30 in the morning, so find when I do have one it has to be a whole one. I was using a herbal " valerian Root" which was brilliant but I can't afford to get any more at the moment. The smell of it and the taste are absolutly putrid, but it just seems to close down the brain box.

mover6

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm

I took zopiclone for a while (just one tablet a night), and it does leave a horrible taste in your mouth. I got a good 5-6 hours sleep on this. I was told by my GP that I wasn't allowed to take it everyday for too long (no more than 2 or 3 weeks at a time) because you can get addicted to/dependent on the drug quite quickly. If i stuck to one tablet a night, i felt quite refreshed the next day, a higher dose had me feeling drowsy the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:36 am

Hi Guys,

Yes zopis have some hasty side effects, neamely the zopi fog you find yourself in the next day and the metalic taste you get left with in your mouth.

Please be careful taking herbals such as valerian root. I went down to the healteries store to get some and was advised that it may interact with my anti d's. Talk to store staff if you are going to take a herbal and they will be able to advise you what is safe and what may interact.

Regards
Roswell

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:11 am

I swear I have next slept so much except when I had glandular fever. Slept most of yesterday, last night and most of today and could still sleep now.

Dunno whether its from these or the heat or depression or all of above.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 am

Hi logical

Its the depression and the zopiclone, like you I am doing both and could sleep for New Zealand and win.

It leaves this awful bitter taste in your mouth but you will get used to them believe me because I take 2 at night and get about 5 hours sleep, so I don't use them much and stay awake instead and annoy Patrick on Festive Occasions like Christmas night. Don't take if you're going to drive.

Love Martine

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 am

i gave in and took one, went to bed and lay there awake feeling a little 'wacked out', gave up after 2 hours and got up again lol. Got the disgusting taste pretty soon after taking it, i think its remniscent of baking powder. Still feel a bit odd and uncoordinated so will have a ciggy and milo then try sleeping again..

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I can put up with the taste if it means I get sleep. I just don't like how I feel the next day, I'm not really 'waking up' until about 3-4pm the following day. Yea when I go to NP I will be stopping them at the beginning of the week.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 am

Hi all I tried these to help me sleep a while ago ( I am an insomniac) and yes the taste is awful and the feeling like I was hung-over the next morning was unpleasant too. The thing that bothered me the most is how quickly you can become addicted to them. I could feel myself becoming addicted within the week. At first I took half a tablet, then one tablet when half a tablet didn't work etc etc. Please be careful with these tablets as it is well known how addictive they can be. This is just my opinion and I am in NO way insinuating that you should not take these. I just wanted to add my experience with these tablets. Sleep
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Zopiclone Empty Taste in mouth

Post by rosie Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 am

I was recommended by my doc to wrap the tablet in a tiny piece of that paper you roll your own ciggarettes in (50c from the dairy) and it stops the metallic taste in your mouth. It works!

rosie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks Rosie will have to give it a go
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks LC for this post. I have been following this due to being on Zop myself. I tried Rosie's recommendation to wrap the zop in ciggy paper and woke for the first time with-out that metallic taste. So a big thank -you.

I've been on this sleep med for over 3 years and my dr has started reducing. Tough going, but hopeful.

Poetry
flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriell Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:58 am

Hoping I am not going to have a crappy nights sleep. I am out of zoplicone as well as pain relief. Had a great time playing around with the furniture but I am dearly paying for it today with wicked back pain. I am off for a long soak in the tub. I hope I don't get still there. I shrivel up like a pickled gherkin. Rolling Eyes
Gabriell
Gabriell

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 am

Gabs,
I'd really like to say that I feel sorry forya, but that'll teach ya not to move furniture around - If I can't, I ain't letting anyone else - and as you see, there are consequences for defiance. Zopiclone Icon_twisted

Nah, actually, I wish you a very speedy recovery from ya sore back. Take it easy, eh? Zopiclone Icon_flower

Oh yeah, this Thread is about zopiclone, so I 'd best mention them too I suppose? Zopiclone Icon_scratch

Zopilcone, are pills. Zopiclone Icon_cheers

I have been prescribed zoppies since 2006. I can and do still go several days without taking any (why bother when ya feel too bloody sore to sleep, medded-up or not?) - I recall me GP saying once in a while, 'We'll deal with any addiction we need to deal with, at the time. Till then, let us worry about that. Take them. Sleep.' Summat like that, any way.

So, I do. And yep, I every month I get anxious in case the next lot don't get prescribed on time or worse yet, not at all, etc; and the taste and hangover as we know, ain't as much fun as they make them out to be. And nup, it aint often that I get a real good snooze, zops or not. Bah Humbug.

I might try the ciggie ricepaper tip thanks for that (I'm picking 'Blue' Papers cos they are thinner than Yellow ones?).
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am

Hiya Paddy! Great site. I have found it very useful reading as I am new to all this depression/medication/counselling stuff.

I have the yellow papers only because I didn't realise they came in different thicknesses (not being a smoker, lol) and was worried the zopiclone might take longer to work since it was wrapped but it still seems to knock me out pretty quick. I'm glad the tip has helped people.

I am currently on 20mg of Fluoxidine (am) and 7.5mg of Zopiclone (pm) and have been for 12 days. I have slept pretty well after months of no sleep and the Fluox seemed to work pretty quickly from about day 3 I felt heaps better (less low mood and irritability) but today I have hit a low again feel really crap. Is this normal and will I pick up again? I was told it can take 4-6 weeks to get a major difference but I was so relieved to feel better so quickly and now feel worried it was a short term thing. I don't see the doc again till March 5th.

Last edited by rosie on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

rosie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 am

So far I've worked out that if I take one tablet on one night, then usually I'll be able to sleep that night plus the next 2 nights without one taking it again after that. I think it knocks me out more coz the AD I take at night also has a sedative property in it to help with sleep. I'm thinking that if the docs increase that one then I should be able to sleep without needing sleeping pills. *sigh* will have to see what docs down here reckon.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriell Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Paddy! Interesting that most comment on the funny taste Zopiclone leaves in your mouth but I have not had that problem. I have used them since 2006. Like you, every now again I have a break. I learned the hard way when I had been on them continously for a couple of months in 2006 before my operation and went through withdrawl, muscles spasms, sweating and shivering..ect. Bloody awful!

I took a couple of days to look after myself and I am back to what is my normal pain levels that I am accustomed too.

My darling also came to my rescue with pain relief. He such a good man.

Gabby flower
Gabriell
Gabriell

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 pm

I just wrap them in a tiny bit of bread and swallow. Stops the gross taste and works fine.

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriell Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm

I must be weird or have no taste buds. alien
Gabriell
Gabriell

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 pm

you must be! Or else you are just good at swallowing them really fast without touching the sides lol! I wrap them in a little piece of bread, swallow and then eat a lolly...just in case ;-)

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Zopiclone Empty good old zopiclone

Post by moonwitch Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 pm

i have enjoyed reading this thread .
i too have that disgusting bad taste in my mouth from them so will definately be trying some of the tips on here.
i have been on them since 2006 and found when i did try to go off them cold turkey the dizzy spells were shocking.
have also found that if i have to get up and sort one of the kids out before the pills have kicked in thats i am awake bouncing off the walls for the rest of the night.they seem to have the opposite effect when i have not relaxed enough for them to work.
has anyone else had this??

Last edited by moonwitch on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
moonwitch
moonwitch

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Zopiclone Empty Zopiclone

Post by evette Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 pm

I used to use Zopiclone, and because of the taste, and the foggy head i got from it, i changed to Triazolam, and only have 1/2 a night, gives you a good sleep, and none of the above.

evette

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:20 pm

hi all

I've tried google, to find an alternative sleep med for Zopiclone,
one that has the strength ta knock yah out, minus the morning taste.

thanks
flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down