The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zopiclone and Codeine

2 posters

Go down

Zopiclone and Codeine Empty Zopiclone and Codeine

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 am

Anyone taken this combination of meds before?? I took zopiclone as per usual on Tuesday for sleeping, then took a couple of codeine for a migraine I had and ever since have had stomach cramps/spasms, just wondering if maybe its from taking the two together??
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Zopiclone and Codeine Empty Re: Zopiclone and Codeine

Post by Paddy Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:21 am

Nope, not me, mate. I've used and use both, for years.

Codeine seems more effective if ya can chuck a couple of Panadol down at the same time (my doctors suggestion). A 'codeine itch' is as about as bad as side effects get - other than sometimes, they don't work of course.

Have you checked the Medsafe Site for the Consumer Data SHeet for Consumers, for the 'strength' of codeine you have, LC? If you can't find it, and would rather not broadcast on here, just what meds you have, PM me and I'll get you correct Links, k?

And LC - Bless You for posting your Little Helpers' photos earlier in another Thread. They gave me my very first smiles of the day, when I saw those and until then, it was kinda shaping up to be another not-so-fun, No-Smile Day.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:48 am

They are 30mg, I couldn't find them on there, which is why I asked.

Pleased that the kittens gave you a smile today, they give me laughs/smiles too. The aim of posting them was to encourage smiles.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 am

Mmmm I can't find them either, in the Consumer Info Sheet area of the Medsafe site - I've had that problem before, but can't find where I wrote down the 'trick' to get it back.

The Professional Data Sheet Info link is http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/c/CodeinePhosphatePSMtab.htm

When and if my brain ever wakes up again, I shall find that correct Medsafe Link and send it to you, LC.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks Paddy, will take a look, did find on the internet that taking codeine with zopiclone can increase the drowsiness effect, but nothing bout stomach cramps/spasms. Only other thing I can think of is it's from Sunday night and took a bit to kick in.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum