The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken two hours but here goes!

2 posters

Go down

Taken two hours but here goes! Empty Taken two hours but here goes!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Yikes....

FREEDOM is my user-name, that was easy ah! Prior to this user-name i was Poetry. I deleted Poetry, in the hope I would delete ME! I am back to square 1 on the Snake and Ladder board game!

It has taken a couple of clanaz to write again and share. Still a bit shaky.

Since leaving, I have been on the 'cliche' roller coaster. Meds being one. My diagnosis Bipolar, mood disorder ...a few other labels. I have isolated myself to the point of 'shutting out' friends, family and support from Bipolar Network and avoiding my new PDN - I left the house this week, once - with support of my partner, to shop for groceries, post a letter, and other needful 'stuff'... chemist for meds etc.

I live alone.

I once mentioned that by isolating myself that I wouldn't have to play a part in this world and be 'hurt'. So here i am 'stuck' in my home, not able to leave the house, due to fear and anxiety. For me to shut out support, and stay in this 'space' is not healthy.

To be honest, I am hanging in there for others. I don't want to hurt my loved ones. I am grateful that due to another med change I am able to concentrate and read again. So from the time i wake to the time I can swallow the welcomed sleep meds, I read.

That's me for now. Arohanui to all

study

Back to top Go down

Taken two hours but here goes! Empty Re: Taken two hours but here goes!

Post by becks Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 am

Hi Freedom and welcome back to TBBD. I like the reference to the 'snake and ladder' game! It certainly feels like it's one step forward and two back or vice versa sometimes. I think all of us at one time or another isolate ourselves when we have mental illness so well done you for making yourself leave the relative security of your home to go to the 'outside'. That's a big achievement and one that you can build on. I hope things get better for you...it's good you are hanging in there for those you love, that's very important. I love to read too, it's great escapism and you learn a lot which is a bonus. Take care Freedom and look after yourself. Taken two hours but here goes! 787356
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 am

Thank you becks, Taken two hours but here goes! 962192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:06 am

I received a letter today to say, time to renew your teaching practising certificate. The condition being in the last five years you have been teaching for two of those years. I have one year towards obtaining my practising certificate. I am currently a registered teacher. I had a breakdown in 2006. I'm gutted!! I don't have the hours, nor the months, they are forever lost. To boot, a late fee!!!

Sorry folk, but i will be late!!

I don't see the point of rolling the dice, climbing ladders anymore

NoTaken two hours but here goes! Images10

Last edited by Poetry on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:04 am

(((Poetry)))
Its good to hear from you again - you are one of the characters i missed from this place. Totally agree about the snakes and ladders thing...

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:27 am

HI JK Taken two hours but here goes! 97283

Nice to be called Poetry again LOL. Nice to see you back here too.
Hope to chat soon Taken two hours but here goes! 787356

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down