The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

special treatment

3 posters

Go down

special treatment Empty special treatment

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 am

I talked to disabilty support at uni today about exams which are only a few weeks away. I just wanted to know what help, support there is with me being a bit unwell.

One of the things I am really struggleing with is getting up and going in the morning and they may be able to move one of my exams so I start it later in the day.

I also have the option of doing the exams in a seperate room just so I don't panick or also to apply or extra time. I wont need the extra time.

I hate get "special treatment", I see it as a sign of weakness.

Back to top Go down

special treatment Empty Re: special treatment

Post by ZenMonsta Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 am

you deserve special treatment cos you are special doll!

now shut up and accept the help!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 6:12 am

I hate special treatment to, but sometimes you just have to take it..

I am sure it will be better for you...and don't worry they will keep a close eye on you and the rest of the class to make sure no cheating (I have been there done that you see - sitting exams in a room on my own...I had just had my 1st child and he was there with me - at 1 week old!)

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 pm

its great that they are helping you, and if u dont want to view it as special treatment then try think of it this way:

all education cirruculms are based on equality and equity, meaning, (if i remember rightly) everybody is to do the same things (your exams) but that it is "tailored" to fit each individual and their needs (starting your exams later in the day)

do i make sence?? try to change your thought process from "special treatment" to equality and equity. (but i know thats easier said than done) Very Happy

when are your exams may i ask??
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Ros if I didn't get the extra help I needed at uni, I never would have graduated. It's not a weakness to level the playing field so that your specific needs are taken into account. Take what you can. You do deserve it.
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2009 12:31 am

You do deserve it. Life in your eyes is tough, and for you to sit the exams on a level playing feild might mean that you are subject to different treatment than some of the others. Take it and don't feel bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down