The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling useless and drained

2 posters

Go down

Feeling useless and drained Empty Feeling useless and drained

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:25 am

I am so mentally and physically exhausted

Feel like a useless housewife and useless mum.My house is in shambles and I need help but my family is going through a rough time so cant ask them,my only close friends are both pregnant and my home help has run out. Everything just seems to hard

My daughter is sooo smart and I am working towards getting a subsidy for childcare(she has just turned 2,knows all numbers between 1 and 10 and most of the alphabet)she needs sooo much stimulation and doesnt sleep during the day meaning for and 11 and a half hours a day I am looking after her,playing with her,running around with her and all that.Also with a four month old I have to nuture her too,I feel like I am failing them both

No one understands what I go through or how hard I work,yes the house is a mess ALL THE TIME but thats because Im actually doing other things,my child is full on and monopolizes alot of my time and she isnt the only one I have to look after,I dont like living in mess but Im doing the best I can.... my mum critisizes me and she doesnt do it to hurt me,she loves me I know that but its her way,but her critisizing is getting me down,once I said Im doing the best I can and she told me I have to stop using that as an excuse because sometimes doing your best isnt enough

Im sick of feeling so useless and like a complete failure!!Worst thing is,is that I truly believe I am
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Feeling useless and drained Empty Re: Feeling useless and drained

Post by Guerrilla Roach Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 am

((((HUGS))))

You are not a failure!!!!

We all go through periods when we become exhausted and stop coping as well as we might in better circumstances. It is being human. No Mum who cares as obviously as you do, could ever be a complete failure. The fact that your 2yr old is as accomplished as she is, is as much a testament to your success as a Mum, as anything I have heard. Even the brightest child needs input from parents to be so on to it.

Give yourself some slack. There is no need to compound your reality by downing yourself. Take care and more (((((((HUGS)))))).
I love you sunny flower
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down