The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do when your feeling down?

+5
_wizza_
jomatt
greasemonkey
ZenMonsta
lil_miss_haley
9 posters

Go down

What do you do when your feeling down? Empty What do you do when your feeling down?

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:14 am

I was having a good day, then started feeling down again after seeing some pics of me from last week. I've tried txting a couple of people but haven't heard back.

What do you do when your feeling down?

Man I need a hug Sad
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

What do you do when your feeling down? Empty Re: What do you do when your feeling down?

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 am

*big hugs for Hales*

honey I know how hard it is but just know we dont care what you look like or how you feel or what your history is. we just want you to feel better and hope that we can help a little with that, just like you did with us today by sharing a little about yourself and your passions in chat!

There is a little bit wrong with everybody and a lot wrong with a few people! BUT There isnt much wrong with you girl!

Keep coming back and chatting when you can.

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

What do you do when your feeling down? Empty Re: What do you do when your feeling down?

Post by greasemonkey Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Lilmiss,

big hug to you.

What I do when I am down,and heavy with the effects of Our Mother Earths Gravity,is to allow myself 'to be down'.Men(some Not all)drive themselves through pain,and suffer burn-out,later in life or by falling into depression.Learning to be kind to oneself is a good thing to do,when 'Down'.A Hot Bath,scented with Natural Oil,or herbs from your (neighbours )garden,a Candel,a dark night with the lights off,and some distant music tinkering away in the Living Room, is something that One can do for a Good-Time.Being kind to ourselves,is also 'asking an finding out what our inner most self wants as a gift! Meditation works for me.Its easy to learn,non religious in many centres.Spending some of your Hard earned cash,on a foot massage is a beautiful thing i sometimes utilise,to get the juices flowing having had a long spell stuck in Nilch!. You know,being 'Selfish for the Right Reasons' aint a Crime! Its the First step towards self acceptance which includes owning our illness
,what ever it maybe.
Hope you can feel the positivity that surges yourway
Lilmiss.cheers!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 pm

bumped
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:13 am

I love you Hey Lil Miss,

How're you doing now?? I hope you are feeling a little bit better.

What I do when I am feeling down is to hide away from the world, I am very good at it and should list it as a talent on my CV.

I have been a bit down this week as you know, and what I am learning is that it is okay to reach out. A few peeps from here keep finding me even when I'm doing my best to hide and I have reluctantly started talking and find that after a while I do feel better. I always think well who would want to listen to me waffling on, but that is my thing - always happy to put myself down (another talent for the cv). So my advice is talk it over with friends or us, there are some very compassionate people here at TBBD or go outside and go for a walk.

Anyway that's my 10cents worth. Not that it amounts too much. But just hang in there and know that there are people around who care.

Bye sweetie xoxoxo
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:03 am

(hugs)

Whe I feeling crap I often listen to music that matches my mood, i.e.e Nirvina, Limp Bizkit, Eminem.

I also have a little place I escape to known as Dawsons Creek.I either listen to the sound track or watch the dvd.

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 pm

distraction can be an aide
at glum times.

In the worst moments
I find it best to accept my feelings
by expressing them with a listener
no matter how stupid it makes me appear.

Turning the wheels this way
is educational and shows me
the right way to BE in the future.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:53 pm

big hugs to you lil miss
i do hope u are feeling a bit better today

when im down i listen to what i call my crying cd (all the sad songs lol) or i sleep, sleep is my escape from the crappy reality i live in sometimes (ive spent the last week just sleeping!)

its also amazing how much pets pick up on moods too, my cats are more cuddly and my dog will rest his head on my pillow and just sit there with me..it always makes me smile.

have u tried to write a journal?? ive heard its a great way to get it all out and feel better after doing so
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphingurl Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:40 am

I cry and then get hugs from hubby
Dolphingurl
Dolphingurl

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:31 am

What do i do when im feeling down? Put on the biggest comfy-ist track pants and sweater grab my dog put her on a leash and off we go!

People listen to music while they walk but not me i just like the sound of my feet beating the pavement and the random noise that is traffic, people mowing lawns, people driving somewhere, people going to the shops, people jsut getting home, kids in the park, people making dinner, It reminds me that we are all doing our own thing in life and i dont have to be like anyone else!

Strange really cos i actually hate exercising but actually works well for me!

Try anything and everything till u find somethign that works for u!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:47 pm

I do different things, sometimes its best to keep busy and others all i want to do is curl up in bed, not always easy with two girls tho. play music, and gardening can help me out too, which ive been doing alot lately.
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Horse riding keeps me happy. No matter what mood Im in I always feel better after going for a ride. Just hard when your at work Sad But I've also found that planning something with a friend makes me happy too Smile
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 pm

companionship
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyslexick-man-lol Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 pm

think i am more not happy... then happy ...mmmmm and we do not need that ... do we as we all r ok ... just need help 2 c it at times .... you go and A BIG HUG 4 YOU

dyslexick-man-lol

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:48 pm

dyslexick-man-lol wrote:think i am more not happy... then happy ...mmmmm and we do not need that ... do we as we all r ok ... just need help 2 c it at times .... you go and A BIG HUG 4 YOU

You are refreshingly honest dysman.
This alone will lead you out of imbalance,
having seen yourself spending
more time in unhappiness
than happiness itself.

In un-happiness time slows down,
and becomes difficult to bare.
In Happiness time Flys!

By looking into oneself (2c) the way we do,
one can become more an more aware of the power of the Mind,
that which drives the ship through the many spaces,
we frequent.

We have-to take responsibility for imbalance.

Balance comes-about by exercising ones choice.
Via the act of our choosing
we right ourselves.
Choice is Power!

By exercising your Mind with Choice,
you free yourself from a certain-captivity
within your Mind.

Love arises from the depths of dispare
when choice is activated!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down