The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Effexor-XR - Does anyone else take this..

+6
lowdown
george
Chatzs et al
Paddy
greasemonkey
angelwings
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Effexor-XR - Does anyone else take this.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Effexor-XR - Does anyone else take this..

Post by angelwings Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm

logical-cents I was on Citalopram as well a couple of years ago and it didn't work for me either.. Hopefully you have some luck on a lower dose of effexor.. it seems a very good drug :-)
angelwings
angelwings

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Effexor-XR - Does anyone else take this.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Effexor-XR - Does anyone else take this..

Post by logical-cents Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Yep I'd highly recommend effexor. It's the only one I've been on that really worked and worked well. Just couldn't cope with the side affects. Hows it working for you?
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwings Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 am

Its working really really well so far thank goodness.. I was worried about side effects but I only seemed to have a sore jaw from grinding teeth at night... and excessive yawning for a couple of days!! Now that has all gone and I feel great :-) I hope you can find a good medication that works for you.. what else have you tried?
angelwings
angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 am

I've been on Aropax, Citralopram, Effexor, Amitriptyline, Dopress, Fluox and now Citralopram again. Effexor is the only one that fully worked and worked well. Those are all over a course of about 6 years
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 am

How long did it take you to come off the effexor, LC? Did you have to do it gradually. And from what dose?

Just interested to see if others have the same quick withdrawal as I had (usually know within an hour if I miss a tablet as start getting brain shocks!)

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:30 am

I don't know about withdrawal problems but after one tablet I was admitted to hospital and was told i was lucky that I only had taken the one, more might have killed me.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwings Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:08 am

Me - Did u get Serotonin Syndrome?
angelwings
angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 am

Lowdown I was started on 450mg a day, came off it over about 2-3 weeks going down in 150mg lots. Was meant to come off it over 6 weeks or so going down in 75mg, but I kinda stopped going to the doc (bad I know). I did get withdrawal from it and if I forgot to take a dose or missed it would get withdrawal as well.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am

angelwings

They are still trying to find out what happened. I seem to have permanent problems that I believe was caused by it, but my Drs are not convinced that
that it is from the effexor and are still looking into what has and is still happening to me. They said that the medication can't do that but I was fine before I took it.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwings Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Me
Sounds horrible.. So you are still feeling some effects from the medication? What kind of stuff is happening??
angelwings
angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Tue May 26, 2009 7:55 am

Hi all, i know this is an older thread, but i have just started effexor over the last week and im on 75mg. Im taking mine in the morning and still taking my amitriptyline at night although i have dropped my amitrip dose from 100mg down to 25mg. So far i feel really good and have noticed a huge improvement in my moods, appetite and even my relationship with my husband. So for those of you who are on this, is it still helping you guys and if you were on other meds before taking this, are you still on them or have you stopped taking them now you are on effexor? TY in advance for any replies.
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue May 26, 2009 8:49 am

Hey 1teaspoon,

I've been on it now for about 6 weeks on 75mg, I think the does needs to be upped for me now though. I don't take any other meds, just the effexor, it does work for me most of the time.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2