The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats

4 posters

Go down

Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats Empty Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats

Post by lowdown Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with my meds (currently effexor, 187.5mg)

I love that it keeps me 'normal' and not a screaming crying wreak.

I hate that every now and then it starts some godawful side effect, such as nightmares/nightsweats.

Haven't had them for ages, then last night they kicked in again. Three separate nightmares that would be worthy of screenplays, followed by waking up soaking wet/freezing cold, and needing to scruffle around for a change of dry PJs...

I always find the next day I am extremely angry too, mainly cos I am tired and pissed off...

Anyone else have problems with this? Any suggestions (other than the old standby of a dry pair of jimjams left within easy reach of the bed? Embarassed )

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats Empty Re: Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats

Post by kidsandme Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:59 pm

LOwdown,
im hoping your day gets better,
big massive ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you.
i cant help you with advice about your meds, its never happened to me.
I hope someone will beable to help.
thinking of you today.
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats Empty Re: Vent - effexor and nightmares/nightsweats

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Just what i needed to hear just before going to the docs to discuss changeing my meds to effexor lol!

Hang in there girl

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:07 am

lowdown wrote:I have a love/hate relationship with my meds (currently effexor, 187.5mg)

I love that it keeps me 'normal' and not a screaming crying wreak.

I hate that every now and then it starts some godawful side effect, such as nightmares/nightsweats.

Haven't had them for ages, then last night they kicked in again. Three separate nightmares that would be worthy of screenplays, followed by waking up soaking wet/freezing cold, and needing to scruffle around for a change of dry PJs...

I always find the next day I am extremely angry too, mainly cos I am tired and pissed off...

Anyone else have problems with this? Any suggestions (other than the old standby of a dry pair of jimjams left within easy reach of the bed? Embarassed )

Seems to me,

that there is infact something within your current life-span, that needs your attention.
Possibly something that you have tried to forget?
This always happens when things are going well,
and the ego is enjoying the ride which life provides us;a ride is healing in away!

But,
that which is the 'Root of Depr' needs to be un-earthed (thrown-out)if we are going to succeed in self healing.
The Drugs are what we USE
to balance the chemicals in our body,which is undergoing internal stress.
(a mystery to the concious part of ourselves)
Once we settle-down into a resonable and comfortable lifesyle,
the Soul will choose the right-time to throw-out what the trouble is,
an aften at SLEEP TIMES...its important to beguin a dream diary!

Through the re-Use of dreams we gain the power to unravel the mystery of Life,
whilst awake and concious in the Daytime,
by working with dreams.
This can be taught!
ask
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:34 am

OKay, found what caused it...I made a muck up with my meds and managed to stuff the dose up, going lower than I should have, mea culpa on that one Embarassed

Roswell, this same thing happened when I had the stuff up (doctor caused) with my meds a while back and decreased too quickly. The original sweats etc calmed down after a short time on a new dose.

A reminder to make sure that you take your meds religiously, strangely enough, at higher doses you know within an hour of missing or underdosing as you get the 'brain zaps' that feel like little electric shocks across your head - again, if you stuff up your dose.

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:06 am

you can purchase from the supermarket,Weekly Pill Boxes,with Mon,Tues,weds etc marked on the Lid, Lowdn.
This will help you get the Days right,as one can see at a glance,that one hasnt taken a session thro the clear plastic top!
Glad youve solved your problem.
gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks GM Very Happy these come in their own daily sequence packs, but unfortunately my powers of observation are not what they were and I managed to stuff it up anyway.

On the upside, I took two contraceptive pills by mistake instead, so at least I really, really won't be preggers, LOL!!

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 pm

lolLOL,
wow!
that could be saying something of your hidden desires for More Freedom in the sexual arena???(just jokkin)

Its important to train the mind,if we are to Master ourselves.
A Dream Diary and specific wtechnique to work with dreams is a must.Others will be interested in this,so i will start a new thread or add to the one of self-help which were started last week or so.
Hope your xmas is full of warmth,
cuddles and of course
Great-Sex!
cheers.
gm
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:57 pm

i have just tried venlafaxine and couldn't handle the nausea that comes with it. I was on it for a month and am now stopping. The doctor tells me the nausea will get worse coming off it, before it gets better. I really hate, I can't sleep at night cos of this disgusting feeling. Glad this drug is working for some of you but its just upset my body so much...

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:34 am

keep searching for a way thro
jaffa.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:15 am

Luckily nausea wasn't one of the sideeffects I got from this med...

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:17 am

I got offered some simple stuff, Lovan(fluroxetine)an Edronax(reboxitene)that dont give me troubles as far as i know...Ive thought about gradually droppin them whilst i work through the therapy thing.We have a great service here,its all free if you want to make changes to your life!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:33 pm

Effexor is not a good drug. FDA only reccommends these drugs for 2-8 weeks. They are there to help you over a crisis while you look at what is wrong and do something about it. Most of the time its to do with Changing YOUR thinking as you are causing the anxiety in the first place. Anti depressants dont help the problem they only help you to slowly become a zombie, loose confidence in yourself, loose touch with your soul and think you need them or youl fall apart.

Velvet

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-17

http://www.cindys.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down