The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i wanna quit therapy

2 posters

Go down

i wanna quit therapy Empty i wanna quit therapy

Post by justme Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:13 am

i am not coping with anything and the therapy isn't helping. i had a few good days, but they're over. i'm sick of this, feeling like this

justme

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

i wanna quit therapy Empty Re: i wanna quit therapy

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:01 am

Hi justme
How long have you been in therapy? it takes a while to get much from therapy especially if you have deep hurts that are hard to talk about, but try to keep on with it cause it will help in the end. The doctor might need to also adjust or change your medication if you are on any and it's not working.
In the mean time keep coming here or go to the depression line on trade me where there are a lot of nice people who can relate to you and what you are going through and support you and be there for you. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=28881140&threadid=28881140

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 am

i've been seeing this counsellor for nearly 2 yrs. this last visit has given me more flashbacks, and i really can't be arsed going anymore (excuse language). to really help & make me feel better my partner's family seem to think i'm good enough to help them out and run around after them but not good enough to be included in family photos or any decisions; regardless of how it affects me.am i just being rude and ungrateful?

justme

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:40 am

Hiya,
A crap day, huh?

What goals did you and your counsellor agree on? Overall, do you feel the counsellors input has been helpful? (flashbacks aside - I know they suck).

Are you being rude and ungrateful? I dunno, sorry. Do you feel you are?

Have you tried to talk to your partner about how you feel excluded from important events and decisions? Maybe if you are having trouble talking, you could write down how you are feeling, explain how these things impact on you, and try to progress from there?

I'd suggest you don't give up on the counsellor (says a man who has not seen or heard from his since March) unless you have alternative learning and healing strategies in place; and if you do tell the counsellor to 'go away' - just make it for the time being - keep the option to return to it and tell the person why you are feeling like this. Maybe that person needs to fine tune their approach to you and your self healing?

Take care,
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:56 am

You also have the right to change counselors but I think we all get taken back to memories that we don't want to face anymore. It is hard but they will help you to help yourself by giving you coping tool to help move on. It is called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It is not easy to face a lot of the past where there are deep painful memories but you can't let the hurts that you have suffered in the past pull you down. There are a lot of people here that will support you so don't hesitate to come here or go on the TM depression site when you need to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down