The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have any useful tips to share?

5 posters

Go down

Have any useful tips to share? Empty Have any useful tips to share?

Post by bluedaisy Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:53 am

Sometimes I'll find myself lying awake in bed at night thinking I've done absolutely nothing at all that day, and feeling crappy about it. Recently I have started doing something that sometimes helps. I try to make a mental list of at least 5 'good' things that I've done that day. It doesn't matter how minor they are...somedays I will struggle to come up with even 3, but it does provide some perspective and stops me focusing on what I didn't do.
In my lists I include things like feeding or patting the cat, giving someone a hug (or letting them hug me), or brushing my teeth, getting out of bed in the morning (not afternoon), making a slightly healthier food choice, drinking water not coke, continuing to take medication etc .....sometimes really simple things that would mean nothing to others, but are significant achievements for me at times.

Do any of you have any tips like this that you can share? I'm sure we all have something that might be of use to someone else, and if you contribute something, you can add it to your night time list! Razz

bluedaisy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Have any useful tips to share? Empty Re: Have any useful tips to share?

Post by Lonely Girl Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:46 am

Yep lists can be good. Sometimes even making a list for the day ahead and crossing things off as you go is good - then at the end of the day you can look at it and go cool, look at what I got done today:)
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:16 am

Hey, something else that work or me (whn i remember to do it) i to buy a bunch of flowers each week. It doesn't have to be a big, expensive bunch; even some cut flowers (jasmine or violets) from your garden will help. This weather is affecting many people, and flowers require very little effort. Just my helpful little tip

justme

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 am

An obvious one, but one that we forget, is to listen to your fav music. I was just thinking about it, and realise that I feel better when I have music playing. Have been listening to The Rock radio station today - I love my rock music.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by nzgirl Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:43 am

Me too LG - love the rock listen online Smile Music is my fav thing in the world. sunny

nzgirl

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:47 am

I just putting in my votes for the rock 1000
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 am

Make new memories
I can remember trying to walk through the drive through at Wendys with a friend late one night. They wouldn't serve us cause we didn't have a car. We asked every driver who went through the drive in if they would get our food until we found one who would. You should have seen the expression on some of the peoples face.
I laugh when I think about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi, I have found flowers and colour to be important in my 'recovery' ... I was passing throught Wanganui a couple of months ago and stopped at Virginia Lake ... I didn't know there was a winter garden there (I think it was called) and I walked in and the colour of a 'candy floss' coloured bouganvillea 'hit me'!! It was gorgeous - I had never seen one that colour before. And I like music - me and Molly (my boxer dog) dance to music sometimes!! Hope the day is going well so far.
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 pm

I do find that morning excercise or excercise anytime does help, its just the getting out and doing it on a regular basis that I let myself down on.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down