The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Environment as a trigger?

4 posters

Go down

Environment as a trigger? Empty Environment as a trigger?

Post by theworldsfastestsloth Sun May 22, 2011 7:09 am

Hey all,

I've recently gone a bit downhill with managing my depression and I have found that it's mainly triggered at the flat I live in.

I wanted to make sure that I wasn't being silly by pointing the finger at that as a reason. I have been thinking about moving out, but still waiting to find a good place to move into. I'm wanting to settle down for a bit, so am definitely selective with places to live.

Any thoughts, experiences, advice?
theworldsfastestsloth
theworldsfastestsloth

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Environment as a trigger? Empty Re: Environment as a trigger?

Post by jaffakiwi Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

Hi there,
Can you pinpoint any things about your current environment that you think might be triggering it?

Definitely a change can help with mood, but it can also be quite unsettling and stressful. Have you thought of doing something such as changing your room around? Just a random idea...

Keep listening to your thoughts and mood, and try and identify specifically what it is that drags you down... I think saying "this house" is a big broad, perhaps.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sun May 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello .... Environment can certainly make a difference - physical environment and emotional environment. (Environmental stress)

Does your flat get lots of sun ... if you are thinking of another flat definitely check out how much sun the rooms get. Size of rooms too. Own bathroom.

Also distance from shops, transport, Dr etc.

Good luck with finding something suitable if that's what you decide to do.
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Mon May 23, 2011 7:30 am

I think environment can make a huge difference. It can be stressful though. It ended up that I felt so unsafe at my last flat, and I moved from there into supported accommodation, and it has been a really, really good move for me. So sometimes moving can be really helpful!

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down