The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*

3 posters

Go down

Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*  Empty Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*

Post by Bluezero Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 am

Hi my name is BlueZero

I've not been online in TBBD for ages.

I'm still having suicidal thoughts. I told my psych nurse today that I was planning a massive overdose on panadol in September. Her response was well lets get busy and go do your food shopping today!. She took absolutely no notice of what I had just said. So... what am I meant to do now?

BZ
Bluezero
Bluezero

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*  Empty Re: Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:27 pm

just curious here... why did you tell her you are planing that? What did you want her to do?
BTW Panadol is a very slow and painful way to go from what I've heard.

Back to top Go down

Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*  Empty Re: Am I moving backwards or forwards? *It may trigger some people*

Post by mumtothree Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Good on you for reaching out fo help I understand that you feel she didn't do anything, but you were brave in telling her just keep reminding her of how you feel.
I agree with wowiinz i've heard its a long painful way to go just keep poping in here and touching base or go to you doctor
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Not to be too graphic, but its not the panadol that kills you its the organs shutting down slowly over the following few weeks. ( when my , Paramedic, partner told me this it nearly put me off panadol for life,.. well at least til the next headache... lol... but seriously. not a good option.

Hang on to life BZ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 am

'So... what am I meant to do now?' .....

Y'know, she may have done you a huge favour.. one that's giving you a choice to choose to live.. and that because you choose living, there are ways to create times that are easier and better..

While we may not be able to do anything all in one day to change what's happening for us, we can do something that brings a little patch of something that we can enjoy or feel a little better about..

I've been thinking about how, if we don't make choices about what we DO want in life, and what we WANT to have happen, then life is going to toss in a few options of it's own, and they're not always/usually fun to have happen..

So.. if we choose things, and especially choose things that we enjoy, then we're driving our lives.. and as the icing on the top, we're creating some fun.. and all it needs to start this, is that we make one - just one - decision.. like... Today, I'm going to..... - whatever brings you some enjoyment - could be anything from have a lovely warm bath with a candle burning, going out to visit a friend, a walk, picking some flowers, going for coffee, a movie, going to the beach.. can be something small with no cost, or spend something to do something else..

So then, today, we've made something nice happen for ourselves - so today wasn't ALL hard-stuff - we did something that was fun..

And what's more, we made ourselves a nice memory..

A very Dear Friend died almost 7 years ago - one of the things she set out to do each day, was to find something to do that was fun.. I remember her for many things, and that's one of the best of many inspirations that she left me with.. rest peacefully Dear Friend..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum