The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the point

5 posters

Go down

Whats the point Empty Whats the point

Post by bw110 Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:55 am

Today i have struggled to get out of bed, struggled to have a shower and get dressed, why i wonder do i bother?Everyday is just as bad as the next.I just want to crawl under a rock and hybernate.I can not see any good in my life right now.

bw110

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Whats the point Empty Re: Whats the point

Post by gypzy Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:59 am

awww bw110, i am sorry you have had a not so nice day.We all have bad days and it is hard.Please try to keep positive ( i know i am a fine one to talk)
I hope that u have a good day tomorrow ,
Hugs to u

gypzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by nzgirl Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:18 pm

(*(*(*(*(* Hugs *)*)*)*)*)*)

for a min I thought I had started this Sad

nzgirl

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Whoa, bw. It sounds like you're beating up on yourself, focusing on what you see as negative things. Turn them around.

You did get up.
You have showered and got dressed.
Tis still morning, so thats not a bad effort for a person who is unwell; do you remember the word that comes after mental?

It's Illness.

We're not well and somedays, unwell folk struggle harder than we might otherwise need to, to get our day started.

You didn't mention that you had anything specific to 'get up for' this morning, and its Saturday, so you're doing alright, my friend. You're doing alright.

You can't see ANY good or positives (or presumbably, pupose) in your life right now? Well for a start, you've got three others here to think about something other than ourselves for a moment or two. Cheers for that, cos I need a break from me too.

Days like today will pass - they can be drearily long, so just declare today to be a day off. Grant yourself a days sick leave from the world and sit round and vege out if thats what you most feel like doing. Put some music on in the background, stick ya feet up, stay warm and just cruise. You're allowed to, honest.

Keep in touch, aye and let us know how its going. But first, you have to do one thing. Just one.

Very very quickly, without even thinking about it, let a smile race across your face. Go on, one measly little grin. Cool, thanks. I bet it didn't even hurt that much, but it suits you, so try it again sometime, k?
Take care and be nice to you. Smile
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 pm

gee, i thought i'd written that too.

hope ya doin better bw