The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Update from Bluezero

Go down

New Update from Bluezero Empty New Update from Bluezero

Post by Bluezero Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Everyone

I hope we are all good and well, looking forward to xmas, apart from struggling with money for presents. I have made most of my presents for my family. My grandmother is getting a clock, with a butterfly on it done by me in poker work, my parents are getting a breakfast tray, also done up with poker work. My niece is getting 2 puppets that I hand made, my nephew is getting a stuffed rabbit that I also made. I'm making a small santa for my younger sister Lauren. I'm not sure what to get my brother or my older sister. I will have to think of something, I can't just give everybody else a present but not them. I will probably have to give my sister's partner Adam a present too. I could just buy them a few scratchie tickets. I don't have much money to spend. I have made all my xmas cards at the day group that I go to.

I am not very happy with the Red Cross. A few months ago they laid me off saying I wasn't reliable or punctual. They never told me that they weren't happy with my performance. They just fired me through a text message. About a month ago, I found out that the lady who fired me has left. So I went back to The Red Cross asking if they needed volunteers. They said they were happy for me to come back, so I went in last week or the week before I can't remember. I went in, I did everything I was told to, I never complained. I steamed the clothes, I tagged them, coded them, put them out on display. The following day I get a fax from the manager saying that they weren't happy with my performance and that they won't be needing me again. I don't understand it, where did I go wrong? I mean I did everything I was told to, I never complained. I have been struggling a bit lately with my depression. They knew I had depression. When they faxed me I cried. I was so upset. I thought I was doing well going back to work for them. I faxed them back, saying what did I do wrong? Why can't you tell me in person? I also said something like, your taking it away from me, its like a social contact for me, gets me out of the flat, go somewhere where I am useful. I just don't get it. The manager who fired me, she wasn't even there on the day, Some people must of been talking about me behind my back. Why can't they just tell me what was wrong?

On the plus side, I may have another voluntary job with the city mission food bank. I had been on their waiting list up to a year and they emailed me a few weeks ago asking if I was still keen to help out. I had said yes I am still interested. They will be contacting me again in early January. I am just so pissed off at the Red Cross, they are so rude, they don't care about you, they just think of themselves. It's supposed to be an organization that helps people in need.

Right, I've said what I wanted to say. I am going out today to Valentines with the day group. My dad is dropping me off there because there are no seats left in the vans. It's also raining. I'm not sure if I still want to go. I get put off by the weather. I'm not even sure if I can fit into my rain jacket. I hate being fat. I am going to the gym but nothings shifting. I've stopped eating junk food and just having diet coke once a week. I hate being fat. Everybody picks on me, they say Michelle, you need to lose some weight, be good for Sarah's wedding. If I knew how to lose it, it would have been gone by now. I recently had to buy new clothes because some of my shorts were getting a bit hard to get into. I'm embarrassed being fat. I don't let anyone take photos of me because I'll just take up the whole frame. It sucks. I don't buy junk food anymore. I don't eat between meals either. I dunno what is wrong?

That's all for now. I hope everybody is well. Sorry if it's too long.

Bluezero.
Bluezero
Bluezero

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

New Update from Bluezero Empty Re: New Update from Bluezero

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Bluezero

wow... great ideas for Christmas presents.. they sound really nice.
if you want more .. how about a pot plant.. you can get cheap herbs at the supermarkts. you could paint a terracotta pot? you could do one for each of the peoplel you need to sort out. just paint them differently for each person. I painted Rocks one year.. with "xxxs garden".. and lots of white daisies on a bright blue background.. the people I gave them to still have them in their gardens so I reckon they liked them. :-) I did a few lizards on rocks too. but i liked them so much I kept nearly all of them!.

Red Cross... I dont think their management would find that sort of treatment at all acceptable. You could ind out who is at the top.. Write to them formally to object, so that they don't keep repeating their mistake. There is no excuse for dismissing a volunteer by text or by fax.

I hope you enjoy valentines Its not raining in the Hutt so I guess will go.

Fat? look for clothes that make you look fabulous.. even us fatties need to look great!

Have a good day.
Big hugs
Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 am

hi Bluezero

I have loved seeing all your posts showing your artworks, papier mache and a teddy bear and paintings, your very talented. Are you still going to learning connextions next year? I hope I have that right... Receiving an artwork from an artist is an awesome xmas gift!!!! Like wowinnz I gave out stones for xmas gifts last year. I printed off some butterflies and glued them onto river stones - on the back I wrote Magic stone or wishing stone. I gave these to my nieces. A stone with a gem glued onto it was given to my mum, I wrote 'Take time to watch snails' LOL.

I hope and encourage you to write a formal complaint to the head of Red Cross. I found this address, it may help to get an apology from the organisation. You definitely deserve it and an explanation as to why you were fired. grr

69 Molesworth Street
Wellington 6011
(04) 499 5827

I put on heaps of weight taking Quetiapine and Parnate. When I came off those two I lost that weight. I wonder if your meds are causing the weight gain and stopping you from losing weight. I say this all the time and have heard it and not listened to this advice LOL...Drink lots of water, tiz a helper for stopping ciggy cravings too.

Have a wonderful Christmas bluezero, have an awesome New Year... I look forward to hearing news about your art adventure 2011.

Ka kiti ano
Poetry flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down