The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use.

+2
Books4NZ
Admin (Paddy)
6 posters

Go down

Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use. Empty Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use.

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:51 am

Hi, my name is Pat and I'm bi-polar. Amongst other things. I live in Marton, NZ.

I've created this message board to help people find ways to get through each of our todays and to have hope for tomorrow.

From time to time I contributed to various 'Depression Support' message threads on the TradeMe message Board (www.trademe.co.nz) but they all seem to vanish after a few weeks, just when people are benefiting from them.

Maybe if you have seen those discussions on TradeMe, you will feel able to join in here? It's free to use and so easy, even I can do it.

Hopefully, this message board will stay around and maybe develop into something that does offer support and encouragement, as well as a place to admit our fears and confront challenges.

Anyway, please give it a go - what can it hurt? Save https://thebigblackdog.forumotion.net/ to your Favourites and please, tell others about it - I can't think of any other way to advertise the Forum, otherwise.

Take care, stay well and thanks for checking in. farao
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use. Empty Re: Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use.

Post by Books4NZ Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:26 am

Thanks for creating the site Pat.. I've included a note about it in the PTSD thread on Trademe..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use. Empty Re: Welcome to The Big Black Dog - a message board for all to use.

Post by daze7 Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:22 am

Hi Paddy, Thanks for creating this site. Good to see all these lovely people here. Depression can be such and isolating experience, eh ... until we discover something like this and Trademe ... it may be a common condition but not common to the one experiencing it ... does that make sense? Not much to say just now ... not like me, I know ... Lol ... Take care of your 'self'
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marie Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:17 am

HI Paddy and Daze7 it is sadie here from the Depression thread.
I took the courage to come in here.

marie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:19 am

Very Happy
Cool, I hoped you would join us so well done.

Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 am

Hi Marie, - I'll have to remember which one of 'you' I'm talking to!!! Good you're here. How's your day been so far? I've had a bit of a lazy afternoon - it's raining again - so thought I'd read my book and had a wee snooze for half an hour - then a friend phoned from where I used to live, so that was good. Very few people I know realise that I have depression - they see me laughing and talking when out and about - but I can collapse into a low mood very qujickly sometimes.
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:31 am

Hi all,
I found the link to this site via trade me message board and decided to take a look. What a great idea. I will add to my favourites. Looking back at my life I think I have battled depression from a very early age. I haven't seen a counsellor for ten years and decided tonight (after today attending the funeral of someone who lived a full life) that I am tired of not being able to make the most of my life because of that damn dog! Tomorrow I make an appt to get some support. I look forward to smiling again.

poppy

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:05 am

Congratulations, those are some pretty definate sounding plans to move forward.
I'm glad you found my 'subtle hints' about this place on TMe. I'm delighted you chose to join us. I'm unsure what the itinerary is for this trip, but the rides never as bumpy when our friends and support ride with us.

Making sure the choker chain stays round The Big Black Dogs neck and not ours, is the challenge. Smiling is fun - it can feel weird after making a point of not doing so, but yeah, its fun. So, enjoy!

Pat.
Very Happy
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am

Cheers Pat! They do say life is a journey - mind the pot holes!

poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:25 am

Pat - you sound very wise. The voice of experience. Thank you for setting this up - it has actually been a bit of a tonic for me today.

poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 am

Oh Poppy, if you but knew how much easier it is compartively speaking at least, to impart wisdom to others - it means one is so busy doing that, that you don't sometime notice ones own slide back down. That caught me out two weeks ago.

Setting this Message Board up was partly very selfish. I wanted to use one. I sorta knew what I was looking for but couldn't find it. I suspected I wasn't alone in wanting this sorta venue and I knew too, that the 'openness' of the TMe Boards can be intimidating - even for a hardhead like me.

So, if the TM Board were intimidating at times, then I decided I'd better start one that was hopefully, more sanctuary than firing line, and slowly, its working out. I've got no idea what I'm doing, but so far at least, touch wood, we're managing OK.

More than half a hundred people have already signed up from a few messages on TM and a couple of emails- I'm so honoured that people can see some potential here and want to help and be helped, to be understanding and to gain understanding.

Its probably fair to say that as consumers, we sometimes sabotage ourselves, cos we dont always think we deserve to be well. I can see a place like The Big Black Dog reducing self sabotage, simply cos there is so much caring here already.

Sweet dreams folk, catch ya again soon I hope.

Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poppy Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 am

Very Happy Thanks Pat - you are a very welcoming host. Much appreciated. I know what you mean, I think I sometimes live the do as I say not as I do with my kids. I really hope they never experience the impact of the black dog. On a cherrier note - I had a much better day today - busy, busy, avoided the housework and even managed to go out for a quick bite to eat with my partner and take my little one for a play in the sand at the beach. I reminded myself to enjoy the little things and count my blessings. sunny I hope all posters, lurkers, etc are having a good evening too.

poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 am

Very Happy
Hi, to our newest members - thanks for making the effort to join us.

I don't know whether you are folk living with your own illness or another persons, but either way, I hope that you find our site of use or interest.

Please feel free to post to existing messages or start new ones - thats what The Big Black Dog is here for.

Take care, stay safe and have an enjoyable evening.

Pat.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down