The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted?

4 posters

Go down

TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted? Empty TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted?

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 am

How is our place working, for you?

Are there changes we could or should make, categories we could or should add, etc?

I know there are a few sections of the Board which see little use but that’s OK that might slowly change as our Membership grows and it doesn’t cost a lot to just ‘keep’ them here till then.

Keeping in mind just Two Limitations which are listed below,
Wadda Ya Wanna to see at TBBD?

a) I have not yet actually asked our ‘site alterations expert’ (JK) if he would be available and willing to again make changes to the tree structure of our site, and

b) damn, I’ve forgotten it. It was there a moment ago, and then, pffft, gone.

No matter, ya get minds like here sometimes, lol. The perils of leaving a website to the administration of the occasionally mentally challenged, doh.

Thanks,
Paddy & TBT.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted? Empty Re: TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted?

Post by jaffakiwi Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:03 am

lol aww... yeah I'm happy to help Paddy.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted? Empty Re: TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 am

Love it Love it Love it.. change if you want but is great as is too..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 am

Hi there,

I love this site and read the forums regularly, even though I haven't contributed much. I have wanted to start a journal in the journal topic, but I'm a little bit apprehensive, because the forums can be read by anyone, even if they're not members. For me, it would be helpful if the journal section privileges/permissions could be changed to "members only". (This shouldn't require any reprogramming, but a simple change in permissions if I remember correctly Smile )

This is only a suggestion, if people are happy the way it is now, I'm too Smile

Love,

Aradhna

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks for the suggestion, cos its not something I'd thought about.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 am

There are pro's and cons to that.

Lots of people come here but are too scared to register,and I think seeing the journals really help a lot of people realising they're not alone.

On the other hand like lady bug here some members might not be happy with journals being available to non registered users.

Theoretically we could have public and private journal sections. But that sounds messy - I'm not sure. Ladybug - you're not obligated to use your real name here. Do you not feel comfortable enough to post anonymously?

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:13 am

My username is the same as my email, and a lot of people know me by this username on different forums. So I'd rather not start a journal then, but that's ok Wink It was just a suggestion, but if people are happy the way it is now, then I'm good with that too. I think you have a very valid point that public journals could help a lot of people see that they're not the only ones going through this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:32 am

Anyone reading this thread should rememebr they can have a unique totally anonymous username for this board.

You can call yourself anything you like while you are here so your privacy is assured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:27 am

Hey there Ladybug_ara

Paddy has a wee trick that can change your 'on line' username. If you PM Paddy I'm sure he will be able to help.

I hope you will be able to write your journal without the worry of being identified. Take care

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:01 am

Just to reassure Folk here - the only person who can access your email address unless you list somewhere here, is me, when I log in as Admin (Paddy). Similary, only Admin can see ya I.P Adresses, and believe me, they aren't often very exciting to read.

Even then, I have to choose to look, it doesn't just pop up for Admin to see.

I don't pass on to anyone, email addies or I.P. Addies. Not unless someone is in a real crisis and I happen to notice it. Then, I might flick ya an email to say G'day. I do not sell or rent or otherwise let go of, your email addresses with which you joined TBBD. I just won't.

No one here HAS to post anything which might personally identify them. - I chose to stand up and say 'Yep, I am Paddy Quinn of Marton, this is me and these are some of my experiences and hard won lessons' when I started TBBD because it was important to me to own that stuff, and I hoped it would help reassure folk that TBBD was about real people.

Yep, I am willing to listen to any requests from any member to change ones Membership name if it helps make anyone feel more at ease, but I ain't going to be changing it every few weeks for anyone. I'm just too bloody grumpy to do that.

Please, keep making comments - this place exists, cos of us, so we might as well get it more goodera if we can, aye! cheers

Paddy Quinn,
Founder, Host etc,
The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room.

P.S.
Don't forget our automatic and safe URL site redirects to make it easier to find us - though we rank pretty well on Google - try it one day.
the big black dog and tbbd - do a Google global Search on those two and see where ya can find us on Google. Sorry. I shouldn't boast.
www.thebigblackdog.co.nz or www.tbbd.co.nz
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

TBBD Message Board - Any Changes Wanted? Empty Site Changes, Anyone? :)

Post by Admin (Paddy) Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

Thought I might 'bump' this back up the Message Board 'cos we have more members now and maybe someone has some ideas we can incorporate into our free site here?

So, what works for you, what doesn't, what is OK, what isn't?

All ideas and thoughts gratefully received. But not necessarily implemented.

Paddy.

Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi Love it all and if there is not a ight section you only have to ask for help in one of the others and someone will help.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:52 am

Paddy I enjoy being apart of The Site. Its really great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down