The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding this has been just brilliant

3 posters

Go down

Finding this has been just brilliant Empty Finding this has been just brilliant

Post by Anita Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:10 am

Hi, new girl here *waves*

I'm way down in it at the moment. However, today specifically is Thursday, the day that I spend with my best friend and her son, a day that I don't have to go to work or do anything except be me. It's been the best day of the week for a while now and so, right now, I feel up. Ish. I also have a glass of wine and a bowl of olives and I made extremely successful thai spiced pumpkin soup for lunch and I am remembering to enjoy the pleasure I feel when I cook something tasty.

But in more general terms I am standing at the very beginning of the long road back up. I'm in the worst depression I've been in for maybe the last 8 or so years? And the one I was in 3 years ago was enough to go back on anti-depressants.

Finding this community is just a godsend. A lifesaver even. I love that everything I've been reading sounds like 'this person knows, this person is feeling this, this person understands'.

So hi! And man am I glad you guys are here.
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Finding this has been just brilliant Empty Re: Finding this has been just brilliant

Post by Paddy Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:08 am

Anita,
Hi and Thanks for your kind words about our Community here at TBBD. It means a lot, especially to me, knowing that this place is of use and interest to more and more folk around the country.

Yep, it can certainly be a relief to know that one is not alone in 'these' thoughts, fears, hopes, expectations and stuff. That I think, is one of our great strengths.

We don't just read of or clinically view these 'things' - we are them, we live them. And we ain't 'things', we are all very talented, very adaptive, very determined survivors.

Welcome to Survivorville, Anita. Exclamation cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Finding this has been just brilliant Empty Re: Finding this has been just brilliant

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:17 am

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:17 am

Hi Anita I am new too and it is a good place to be....
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down