The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment

+2
DocLazy
logical-cents
6 posters

Go down

Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment Empty Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment

Post by logical-cents Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:31 am

and don't like it. Can lay there for a couple hours before getting to sleep or sometimes I'll get to sleep alright but then wake up after an hour or two and then have trouble getting back to sleep. Keep waking up during the night as well most night. Just so fed up with it. Going to see about sleeping tablets even though I hate them, but still gotta get through the next week before seeing doc.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment Empty Re: Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment

Post by DocLazy Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 am

Maybe try going to bed later? sometimes it can help. Listening to music while trying to get to sleep can help calm you down.

DocLazy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment Empty Re: Finding it very hard to sleep at the moment

Post by logical-cents Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 pm

It doesn't seem to matter what time I go to bed, I can be falling asleep on the couch and try going to bed and no luck. Yep always listen to the radio through the night. Thanks
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 pm

It is very humid at the moment, how about trying a fan in your room at night? I keep mine on as it is pleasant having a cool breeze blowing and I can still snuggle into a light weight duvet without being too hot which is comforting
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 am

I think some of it's to do with the heat but it did start before the heat started. Actually I think I've got a fan attached to a heater somewhere. Might try that. Thanks
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by zin Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 am

I know it is very hot weather at the moment, but would having a bath before bed help?
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

I have been having the same problems for years and am now trying a juice concentrate. Very expensive and been using it for last few nights with no change - apparently it can take a while to build up so not instant results.
Hate to be negative but used sleeping pills in the past - still had trouble sleeping, and My God felt like crap in the mornings.. Had so much trouble waking up and getting with it enough to get out of bed and go to work - probably shouldn't have driven my car as was still half asleep. Tried halving the tablets - didn't work.
Will see how this juice goes.

Josie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 pm

The juice is great it take about two weeks to build up and once it has you should notice a difference.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 pm

What kind of juice is it? One of those 'super fruits'?
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Josie I hate the sleeping pills to but they do work for me and don't leave me feeling to bad in the morning depending how late I take it.

Curious to know what this juice is as well.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 am

I buy tart Cherry its a oncentrate that you put with water you can buy it from the health shops it about $50 for a 5 week suppliy. its great
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down