The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding some part time work

3 posters

Go down

Finding some part time work Empty Finding some part time work

Post by jaffakiwi Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 pm

I had an appointment with Workbridge today. They help people with disabilities find work, and depression counts as a disability.

I might have a small cleaning job, a couple of hours each morning. It's not glamorous, but at least it would be a reason to get out of bed each day... and because it's only a few hours a week it won't intefere with my sickness benefit much.

Then we went round the corner and met another women who has an opportunity for me in recycling computers. This is more up my alley but the position isn't established yet so it would be volunteer work... with perhaps a small cut of any money made onselling the computers. At least it would give me something to do. The great thing is the lady seemed really supportive, and was full of understanding and advice on coping with depression. I think I'd like working for her...

I'll admit I'm hardly jumping over the moon about either of these opportunities, but I guess it beats lying in bed all day - which is where I've been at recently.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Finding some part time work Empty Re: Finding some part time work

Post by logical-cents Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

Good on you JK. I'm sure once you get into it a bit you may enjoy it.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 am

Well done JK, big ups.

They may only appear to be small steps but trust me they can lead onto bigger things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 am

hey there JK

Awesome JK, you won today's battle... you got out of that room and took action. As they say one thing leads to another... good on you JK, takes a lot of courage in my books to venture out into the 'world'.

Yah for you JK sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 am

Yip, what Poetry said, JK.

You might also find website development or maintenance opportunities come your way from some of the groups that they sell recycled computers to?

Mind you, the income from the other opportunity isn't to be sneezed at is it, because in itself, that may offer different opportunities to you when it comes to spending it.

If ya was schitzo I'd just say, 'Take both Jobs' but ya not, which is why making the decision is harder. Good Luck, mate.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down