The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally told a friend

4 posters

Go down

finally told a friend Empty finally told a friend

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Since I started taking ads in October I deliberately have not mentioned it to a mate that I see quite regularly. Shes a good friend and is always there when I need a shoulder and i felt I was dumping on her too much so when I started on citalopram I thought I'll see how it goes. see if i can keep it, and my down times, to myself .. well i lasted about 5 months!.. I told her last night that the antidepressants are probably helping but i still have some really down days... etc .etc.. I had completely forgotten that I had not told her about them.. and it slipped out.
Anyway, she was really great. we've agreed to spend more time together cos we both need company, rather than less like i sort of thought could happen, and I finally told her why there can be weeks where I dont get in touch ( When I can't handle seeing anyone at all )
She seemed to understand completely, and there are a few wee things I can do for her too.
people can really surprise you eh..

Back to top Go down

finally told a friend Empty Re: finally told a friend

Post by logical-cents Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

That's great wowinnz. It is really helpful for us when we have people and friends like that who are there for us whenever. It's good that you can help her out too.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 am

People like that are woth their weight in gold. Hang onto the as a friend as they will stick by you when times get tough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 am

Well Done.

It ain't necessarily as easy as John Kirwan and others make it sound or look on the telly ads, it is. First off, ya gotta have mates. One's who won't piss off when you tell them to get fucked and leave me alone damn you. Those sorta mates are few and far between.

Well Done indeed, wowinnz. cheers

Paddy.

P.S. Sorry for swearing in your thread. If ya want I'll see if I can Google some alternatives, if those ones offend you? Its just, they 'fit'. Embarassed
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 am

doesn't offend me at all Paddy...

Back to top Go down

Post by qwerky90 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:59 am

That's great to hear wowinnz!

It's nice to have someone to just be able to hang out with, and maybe have silent moments and not feel akward.
Smile

I only have a couple friends, and at times I'm so rude to them because i'm so angry with life, bla, bla, bla...but They're still here for me...mind you they are years older than me
qwerky90
qwerky90

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by .imstillstanding. Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 am

that is fantastic wowinnz... those friends are certainly worth their weight in gold like Roswell says.
It does though frustrate the hell out of me when people are of the opinion like Paddy says that 'hey, John Kirwan did it - over the space of a 2 minute ad - why cant you?!'
meh - anyway - hang onto those peeps wow - they are more valuable in my experience than any case worker, shrink or gp...they are the people that know you ( and despite it -sometimes I feel!!) still love you!

.imstillstanding.

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down