The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds....

4 posters

Go down

I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds.... Empty I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds....

Post by claire_bear1000 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 am

Apparently it means a felling of chronic inner restlessness. Exactly how I get in the afternoons and early evenings.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

I'm on effexor, risperidone and quetipaine. Just started back on meds 2 weeks ago.

Starting to drive me a bit batty as I'm annoyin all those around me....it's like I've got ADHD!!!!!!
claire_bear1000
claire_bear1000

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds.... Empty Re: I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds....

Post by greasemonkey Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:44 pm

they make up new names when the old-ones dont adjust to Medicines standard approach
to ailments of the mind, Claire.

This type of anxiety is due to the unresolved inner-issues which we ALL HAVE in life,
(if we are alive that is! lol! ) untill we take a more healthy attitude into caring for our own well-being
and not letting things drag-out as well as wear-us-out!

We all got to work out how we tick whilst we are also working in the world.
We are a Work in progress.
Therefore we gotta make time for our selves!
This is your (my/others) sadhana.
(sadhana is a word from the East, where they are very-much aware of spiritual things)
google it...
see yogas of the East!

Last edited by greasemonkey on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : green paint)
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds.... Empty Re: I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds....

Post by smile4me Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 pm

hey interesting cause im on my way to see doc about the same thing and im on seroquel too (quetipaine).ive been on it for a few years and been fine but lately am having trouble with sleepwalking and insomnia and stuff.i wake up in a panic to move,or i wake up allready on the move.its quite scary and my doc says it can be a result of the seroquel.its an awfull feeling and he is sending me too a sleep studys clinic aswell as reducing my dosage.
aparently the problem is quite frequent for people who are long term users of it.talk to your doc again and see what they can tell you about counter affecting the effect.

smile4me

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by smile4me Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Definition of Akathisia

Akathisia: A movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness and a compelling need to be in constant motion as well as by actions such as rocking while standing or sitting, lifting the feet as if marching on the spot and crossing and uncrossing the legs while sitting. People with akathisia are unable to sit or keep still, complain of restlessness, fidget, rock from foot to foot, and pace.

Akathisia is often a side effect of certain drugs. The drugs that can cause akathisia include neuroleptic (antipsychotic) agents, serotonin receptor antagonists, lithium, L-dopa,, calcium channel blockers and phenothiazine antiemetics such as prochlorperazine or metoclopropamide. Also spelled acathisia. From the Greek a- + kathisis, a sitting.

smile4me

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 am

To Be or Not to Be (Shakespeare)
To do is not to be (Sartre)
To be is not to do (Freud)
Do be do be do (Frank Sinatra)

By alternate practice of Doing and then Being in a leisurely-pace,
we gain experience of ourself
and truely who we are!
Un-stationed (as opposed to fixed) in the mind we find we are already free,
and certainly NOT WHAT WE THINK WE ARE!
Thinking is NOT the real world.

Many People act-out their thoughts
as they think their thoughts are their Own.

NO!

Everyone has the same and also similar thoughts to everyone else.
Where we dont have access to a different thought,
we take-in this thought from another
Thoughts were here before you was borned.

OUR PARENTS HAD THEM as did their parents had them also!

You are NOT YOUR THOUGHTS.

Last edited by greasemonkey on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : green paint)
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by smile4me Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:34 am

what?sorry i didnt understand your message. Shocked

smile4me

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:41 am

Sad
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Floss Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:29 am

far out monkey
Floss
Floss

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by smile4me Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:42 pm

sorry grease monkey,i wasnt intending to be mean,i really didnt understand what you said and would like to know more.i have trouble sometimes making words make sense in my head,and need people to explain things again.
i think i get it this time,but im not certain and i would like too cause the part i did understand was good.
im really sorry if it sounded like i was being mean

smile4me

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:38 am

smile4me wrote:sorry grease monkey,i wasnt intending to be mean,i really didnt understand what you said and would like to know more.i have trouble sometimes making words make sense in my head,and need people to explain things again.
i think i get it this time,but im not certain and i would like too cause the part i did understand was good.
im really sorry if it sounded like i was being mean

You're not MEAN@ALL smile4Me,
you infact are the opposite!
Behind the pain you're currently experiencing,
I see a happy go lucky person trying to make-out something positive
from having had experiences that just dont add-up in your Mind.

Too much is TOO-MUCH when we are engaged in our inner-work.

I will take care and try to be small-as so as I appear non-threatening to you.
Threatening I am not.
Caring I Am!

which part did you think were good?

afro
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by smile4me Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:47 am

i understand the thinking is not the real world,i used to really struggle with seperating my self from my perception of myself.does that make sense?i mean,if i think i am a useless person who will never amount to anything,then thats exactly what will happen,so when i am depresed i have to kind of force myself to think positive thoughts and even if deep down i dont really believe it ,it still helps me act in a positive way.
if i dwell on the bad thoughts then they become more real and i start to act like i have no potential.

i love this site,its so great to have somewhere to go where u can talk about this stuff. Smile

smile4me

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am

which part did you think were good?

You are well along the track and sorting yourself out well.
That i am glad of.
cheers! I've been told i might be suffereing from Akathisia due to meds.... 342442

Having gotten to the place of objectivity
where you can view your mind, the hardest part is over and done with.
Staying objective, one needs to make special effort for a long period of time,
untill you have truelly learnt ; you are NOT your MIND.

We must make it a positive Habit!

You were Born long before you created your mind.
Being outside your mind is similar to being Yourself, RIGHT?
The right-way to use mind is from the out-side looking in-wards.

When you are in your mind and a rush occurs
it can be fairly scary for an ego
who dosnt know its TRUE SELF!.

love
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down