The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds

+5
jaffakiwi
robertca
moonskr
is_it_me
Apricot
9 posters

Go down

Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds Empty Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds

Post by Apricot Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:16 pm

would be good.

Cant sleep. Cant find my off button. No

Dont like not sleeping. Specially when I feel down and upset.

have good dreams guys Sleep

Apricot
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds Empty Re: Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 am

I am often awake at 2am and sometimes flick thru the boards or see if there is someone else up but more often than not there isnt.

I have trouble with thoughts of self harm at night and feeling very lonely.

Back to top Go down

Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds Empty Re: Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds

Post by is_it_me Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 am

Oh Roswell
How do you cope with that, the thoughts that is?
I used to walk around the house (its only small) and swear I now have a groove in the carpet. I am sure the only reason I didnt do anything was because I kept thinking of how my children would feel if they found me. Then a friend suggested trying a herbal tea that helps to relax you, you drink it about an hour before you go to bed and I occassionally take a 5htp tablet (from Health 2000) which helps me sleep for a few hours or so.
is_it_me
is_it_me

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 am

A friend suggest 5htp to me but I looked into it and it is advised not to take it with anti d's. I use to use herbal sleeping pills but they too expensive (am on invalids benifit) and the doctor wont prescribe me sleeping pills cos of the side effects and is worried I will become dependant upon them.

I talked to heath 2000 when I got my herbal sleeping pills and cant take a lot of them as they are contraindicated with anti-d's.

Back to top Go down

Post by is_it_me Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 am

crikey no one told me not to take them with my anti-depressants! Im on Citalopram - and it was suggested that I take Mood Balancers while cutting down my dosage of Citalopram so that I can go back to a normal life!
is_it_me
is_it_me

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 am

i always miss anyone online at that time, every now and then i see someone listed as online but not in the chat room or posting, i guess the answer to that is to stay in the chatroom myself and see if anyone comes along.
I write lots in the middle of the night, either on here or just in a text file i can delete later. I feel like as long as i'm focusing on that i'm doing a job and wont do anything else while i'm kept busy thinking. And trying to word things properly when your mind is fuzzy-tired can use most of my cognitive abilities, so there's less space for other thoughts.

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 am

5htp has a big warning about not using it with ssri's, like what your on, because they both work in a similar sort of way. Might be a good option for you to move onto if you finish taking the citalo but probably not good to combine them.
i used a herbal thing which has 5htp and a few herbs for sleeping for a few nights, and it worked really well, but the main sleeping herbal thingy was chamomile, so you could try chamomile tea? The other one that's supposed to be good and not have any contradictions is lavender oil on your pillow. So you could try a nice cup of tea and a wonderful smelling pillow, at least you'll enjoy the smell if you still can't sleep Smile

moonskr

Back to top Go down

Post by is_it_me Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 am

LOL would be nicer then the smell of my dog I guess! I use the sleep tea, which has valerian, cat nip, camomile and others in it - is that the one you are talking about? Other times I must admit - i drink a couple of glasses of wine - makes me sleep pretty well but I dont do that often .... even though the Doctor said it was ok to do on citalp!
Hi moonskr - thank you for chatting yesterday
is_it_me
is_it_me

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:30 am

i like the smell of my dog lol, well unless he's had mutton for dinner that is. then he has to sleep on the far side of the room.
yup that sleep tea stuff is what i mean, it works really well for some, and healthier than coco or soemthing anyway. The occasional glass of wine is healthy too, as long as you don't start relying on it.

moonskr

Back to top Go down

Early morning chat room for insomniacs with troubled minds Empty hi

Post by robertca Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 am

rabbit a big hi to you all iam new to this Smile

robertca

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:27 am

welcome robertca, hope you enjoy your time here.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Well tis 3.11am in PaddyLand and there aint no one else here at TBBD to chat to.

Pfffft, I think ya'll all talk.

Hopefully it means ya getting some sleep. Me next, please? Ta.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 am

ahh bums! I was on here at that time this morning too...we must have missed each other, I kept checking to see if there was anyone on here but it logs me off automatically after a bit. Hope you got some sleep in the end. I managed to get about 5 hours...woopee!

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Hmmmm,,,, wonders...... Question

we perhaps need some form of ...alarm system..... Idea

long strings work?, could tweak it when we cant sleep and wake up a buddy to chat with!! cyclops

Yeah, shame we not all awake at same time, maybe some morning huh!

Apricot
xo
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriell Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:08 pm

I am going to skyte now and you all shoo me away.LOL. I had nearly a full ten hours sleep without pills friday nite and a 4hr nap where I completely conked out. Shit that felt good!!
Gabriell
Gabriell

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by traceylee Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 am

gee u lucky i only get two or 3 hours sleep of an on during the night such a light sleeper

traceylee

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 am

wow gabriell that's a good sleep. I got 5 hours again last night so not too bad. Fell asleep at 2am which is earlier than usual!

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down