The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACC from a psychotherapists point of view

Go down

ACC from a psychotherapists point of view Empty ACC from a psychotherapists point of view

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 am

This might be of interest to some of you - not my ACC therapist, I know Kyle through other mechanisms;

http://www.psychotherapy.org.nz/index.php?page=blog

Back to top Go down

ACC from a psychotherapists point of view Empty Re: ACC from a psychotherapists point of view

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 am

Interesting point of view. It would be so great to see that everyone who needs counselling gets it. As ACC appears to be having a major budget blowout, maybe those who can afford to pay get charged at least part of the cost of their visits and those who are on a low income or benefit get a total subsidy? After all the cost of one facial, massage or restaurant meal for those that can afford such luxuries could go instead to pay for their own peace of mind (counselling) and would hugely benefit those who can't possibly afford it.

Back to top Go down

ACC from a psychotherapists point of view Empty Re: ACC from a psychotherapists point of view

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 am

I was one of the ones who was turned down for 'ridiculous beauracratic reasons' and it does suck.

I wonder why Labour isn't coming out and criticizing National for the cuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 am

Hi JK, Would you have another go at getting ACC funded counselling? Just a thought. .... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Daze - after my frustrations with ACC I tried applying to WINZ for a disability allowance and got that. They dont pay the whole cost of counselling but its better than nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down