The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mindsight - chch

+2
Paddy
Chatzs et al
6 posters

Go down

mindsight - chch Empty mindsight - chch

Post by Chatzs et al Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 am

just wondering if anyone else has been told bout this prog and there thoughts about it?
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

mindsight - chch Empty Re: mindsight - chch

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 am

no can't say I have, what is it about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 am

Chats, Hi, nice to see you here again. I hope that you're well and happy

I've been trying to find out about the Mindsight programme and even tho Google usually delivers the goods, its stumped this time. I can find references to job ads for positions involving the programme, a DHB report, and not a lot else.

If anyone does have specific info on the programme, or Links to it or whatever, please share it. Ta.

Pat.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:15 am

This was in the minutes of MINUTES OF THE HOSPITAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING
held in the in the Board Room, The Princess Margaret Hospital, Christchurch,
on Thursday 30 April 2009, commencing at 1.00pm

"Mental Health Summary – Sandra Walker
Ms Walker noted that as advised in her report the “Mindsight Programme” was being established in the Adult Community Service.
Funding had been allocated for 1 FTE to provide a triage and brief intervention function working out of the Emergency Department."

sounds like it is in the developmental stages ay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 am

Sounds similar to something they are establishing in Wellington Hospital A&E. They are looking at having someone from the Mental health Team in the A&E. This is instead of having to wait for the CATT team to respond which can take some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 pm

i been given a booklet on it - will copy some info out of it later prob tonight - basically it is a research project mainly aimed at people with BPD - although it says that you don't have to have that digonose to be able to participate in it - its for 2 years.
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 am

hi chatz!!...long time no chat...hope life is treating you well and that you are treating life well!!

and I don't want to offend but...I just read these post and an image popped into my head of the staff at A&E's around NZ being handed ultra powerful torches so they can sight our minds by looking in our ears...really stupid I know...but it gave me a smile
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:56 pm

lol no offence taken Smile i'm doing ok at the moment. some info on mindsight:

The mindsight programe is for clients of community mental health teams who experience problems related to disruptions of personality functioning usually diagnosed at borderline personality disorder. It is not always necessary for someone to have been given the diganosis of BPD in order to be part of this programme. It is reconised that these symtoms can arise from a wide range of causes.

This new service is a programme of treatment that operates within existing community menta health teams. staff in these teams have recieved speical training to equip them for this work. clients in the programe will be under a community mental health team, but their treatment will be co-ordinated through this programme.

The aim of the programme is to provide a period of time during within there is more support and input to help a person make a start at understanding and changing how they cope with unstable emotions.

The mindsight programe involves two streams - enchanced case mangament and specific treatment activities.

Enchanced case mangament - evidence is accumulating that treatment is most helpful for clients with BPD and related problems when it is based on long term trustworthy relationship with staff trained to work with these problems, when it involves regular and more frequent suport and when the aim is to prevent crisis rather than only respond afterwards.

specific treatment - almost all treatments of BPD and related problems identify that the core issue relates to emotional instablity and how a person mangages it. in addition to enchanced case mangament suport, the mindsight programme also aims to provide specific treatment using the mentalisation-based treatment approach that focuses on improving emotional self-management.

The research study will examine which is most effective in improving experiences of distress,suicde and self harm, depressive and anxiety symptoms, the ability to establish and maintain relationships, general social functioning and self management.
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:18 pm

thanks, that clears it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:35 am

well i had a interview type thing today with my pyschologists and one of the therapists who will be working with people in the programme. Basically had to do a 100 q questionare - saw teh cover and it was some clinical interview type thing to diagonise type II axis personality disorders. out ot the 100 questions i think i put yes to maybe 4 or 5 so i'd say very unlikely i have a personality disorder - but who knows how they will interput it. now i gotta wait while they decide whether the prog is suitable for me or not .
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 am

when do you have the results?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:10 am

i think soon maybe within the next week or so - from the questionare i dont really think it will be helpful for me but who knows what they will say about it
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am

at least there might be progress do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:36 am

yeah maybe if the prog isnt suitable for me i think i just then cont seeing the pyschologist every now and then - and he's useless
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:08 am

bugga!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatzs et al Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:13 pm

well they said program not really suitable for me - no suprise there so now theyve discharged me back to my gp basicaly cuz they dunno wat else to do - and they the so called experts - HA
Chatzs et al
Chatzs et al

Back to top Go down

Post by snow white Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 am

in responce to the mindsight question, i can tell you all about it as i myself am in the program, all i can say is it is utter crap. a total wast of time and mental energy, its as though they thought oh dear we have so many borderlines lets put them all in a program so they think they are getting help, there is no structure, no plan nothing these people are ment to be the 'help' and they have no idea what to do. it is a real dissapointment to know that when the shit hits the fan for many of us there is no support out there. this is just my opinion, but every single person in the program agrees, most of them do not stick with it.
snow white
snow white

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Scamp Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 am

Hi Snow White,

Thanks for the update.

It makes me wonder what we are all expecting. Any thoughts?

How about proper assessment and effective treatment for starters?

Scamp
Scamp
Scamp

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Back to top Go down

mindsight - chch Empty re mindsight

Post by snow white Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 am

yes proper assesments would be ideal, they seem to think all bpd diagnostics are the same, we all have abandonndment issues, we are all manipulative ... the list goes on, one thing that needs to change is their attitudes. and the stigma surrounding bpd if things stay the way they are its not going to be good, bpd apparently has the highest suicide rate. and since january this year there have been soo many suicides in chch its unbeleivable. we have put it to the people running the group that somthing needs to change, other wise we are wasting 18 months of our lives comming to these programs, but they are still scratching their heads. sessions are always the same 'how have things been?' honestly who cares if i wanted to winge and wine about my week id go to the pub with some mates. they need to get to the root of the cause instead of quoteing borderline personality for dumbies. honestly there is so much that needs to change with the entire mental health system becuase i personally think they havnt got a clue and they are failing people that need help, we are all just slipping through the cracks. my faith in the system is shot and it is sad becuase when i lose the plot i know i cant go to the professionals for help.[left][i]
snow white
snow white

Back to top Go down

Post by Scamp Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 am

Anyone think it might be worth rallying to form a united body and voice our concerns?
Scamp
Scamp

Back to top Go down

Post by snow white Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:14 am

i would for sure but i also know how medievil the mental health system is, its corrupt and they know better.. Rolling Eyes
snow white
snow white

Back to top Go down

Post by Scamp Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:16 am

Good. I'm going to start asking around here in Auckland to find out where to direct concerns. Care to start asking around down in Christchurch?
Scamp
Scamp

Back to top Go down

Post by aidenrock Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

This is a very rare pic of unicorn horses......In Puranic legends horse unicorn was considered a symbol of honor. Cool
aidenrock
aidenrock

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-01-07

http://www.dynamicmounting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum