The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear:

2 posters

Go down

Fear: Empty Fear:

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:37 pm

sorry - am deleting my stuff due to fear!!! having anxiety over what i have written due to new outreaches etc being contacted, I taught in a small town and so information i have written could filter back through that ol grape vine.

It is awesome that this has happened please don't get me wrong, but am scared of being recognized. It has happened before on bebo, don't want to go through that again.

Last edited by poetry on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Fear: Empty Re: Fear:

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:49 pm

FEAR

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:45 am

Hi Poetry, ...... Once again I read books about anxiety and panic - which is really fear - I call it the fear reflex going bananas!

Dr Claire Weekes and Iris Barrow write good stuff.

I know there are levels of fear and it's an awful feeling when logically we know there could be a bit of an over-reaction to something.

Some 'inner child' work or learning could be good. Our 'child' can be very affected in childhood by fear.

When going to bed lots of reassurance may be good - just like one would talk to a little child - and setting up the bedroom to be a sanctuary could work too. A hot milk drink (if you like them) is another idea.

Hugs for you ....... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm

You'll be fine poetry. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Yeah Mylife I'll be fine - Panicked

I lost it, so now know that when i am fearful that this is another sign of unwellness - to rest. I have slept on and off for two days - feeling much better and back to some normality. freaked out a little with the words "you need to be in hospital" hiding was the best med after all... in a warm bed. P.S not scared at bed-time - not sure what that was all about.

cheers all
Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi ya, I too have done the panic attack and frantically deleted my posts before. *shrugs* im not sure why i did, but anyhow im still here and so are you and thats a good thing Smile

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 am

lol..thanks claire-sky you have made me feel much better about doing it.

yes we are still here, thank you

Hugs
Poetry
flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum