The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone here have uncontrollable

3 posters

Go down

does anyone here have uncontrollable Empty does anyone here have uncontrollable

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 pm

itching? I have had this for so long now, nothing to show for it though generally....especially my back. Is it a nervous thing or is it tied up with the depression thing? Question

Back to top Go down

does anyone here have uncontrollable Empty Re: does anyone here have uncontrollable

Post by lowdown Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 pm

What meds are you on, mylife? And has it started after you started taking them?

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

does anyone here have uncontrollable Empty Re: does anyone here have uncontrollable

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 am

I'm not on any! Have had it now for around 2 years and yes have beento the doc about it. But he basically made me feel like I was imagining it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 pm

I went through a faze of itching too...especially my scalp.... lol thought i had nits - didn't - settled down i think it was taking my meds at night early - now take just as i go to bed.

My son gets itchy after a shower/bath.. not sure why - there is nothing there - he is 22yrs and still happens.

What i did was maybe a mind over matter thing but put tea tree oil on my hands and rubbed where i was itching??????

Maybe try a soothing balm? even if nothing is there.

Thanks mylife for all your kind amd thoughtful suggestions to myself and others, you are very much appreciated HUGS

Poetry flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 pm

You are absolutly welcome Poetry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 am

I reckon this rash is stress related

anyone else had that?

Back to top Go down

does anyone here have uncontrollable Empty i get rashs when im stressed

Post by claire_sky Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 am

and i get hives if im extremely unlucky!

I get burning feeling in my legs (sounds sooo stupid) and then i scratch and scratch but dont know what part is actually itchy its just everywhere and i end up with bright legs and feet!

Been experiencing it for a few months now doctor told me it was due to me stopping drinking but blah i dotn know.

I dont think your crazy but something might be triggering it or a change in body lotion or diet or any reason! Good luck finding out though or good luck just handling it like i do Smile

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 pm

well I have never had a rash from it...but I do get very sudden uncontrolable itching...mainly on my arms...when my stress/anxiety levels rise rapidly

I have sort of decided that it is caused by hormones and chemicals racing around the body and triggering nerve endings...but no idea if this is plausable...just sounds right to me.

claire...when you abuse alcohol it damages the small blood vessels in the body...this is why long time drinks always have red noses...and when hubby gave up the drink I did a lot of reading and one of the things I read said that a large number of people will get burning or tingling sensations which is a sign that the capillaries are regrowing...they are the blood vessels that feed your nerves and skin so as more blood gets through the nerves and skin wake up giving these feelings...and this can take a couple of years to completely happen...after I had my hysty I had the same sort of sensations for over a year as everything cranked up again...hope this helps.
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 pm

I think it is stress as it seems to come and go as the levels rise and fall

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 am

Hi again, yeah I get itching in my feet and hands oh actually anywhere but i get a rash on my legs and arms as i said in my earlier post its like a burning sensation and yip for me its stress related and also due to my alchohol abuse but it does go away no long term marks or scars thank god.

So your not on any meds but how are you coping? Is it work related stress? I have broken out in a rash at work while giving a presentation to a board room full of top execs. Have you told your GP about it?

claire_sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 5:42 am

No I'm not on any meds, want to try and avoid them. Coping..well, I wasn't really a little while ago. No, let me change that to I wasn't.

I was ready to go and take myself out of this world. Had counted up about 200 panodal and a bottle of rum..or maybe the old car and and hose trick, learnt how to tie a noose,,..got the picture?

But didn't want to hurt my children/husband or mother (all in that order). Don't think anyone else would care to be honest!!

So have started to think about "what can I change and what can't I change" and the things I can't change I just accept and the things I can I do try to.

Yes I think it is work related stress, but also financial stress as well. We have been surviving on $30.00 cash for the last 5 days and if someone doesn't pay me soon we will have to go to welfare - something I don't want to do.

We know family assistance of around 10K will be in our accounts this week so hanging out for that and spending it wisely on bills and mortgage.

These are things we can change. I have made a few changes at work - like handing over the reigns for my admin (finally realised that I am not superwomen) so accounts payable and receivable are out of my hair as are wages.

Now I just need to get someone else to do the billing (as I am to soft) and that will be that.

So changes abound...

Slowly getting up the hill of improvement...but wait, I am sure there will be a slip or two on the way.,

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 am

Hi again

You are so right and im happy to hear you say you have changed that way of thinking. It used to bug me hearing the serenity prayer thingy but now im grateful for AA and and have this printed and posted around several places in my home.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the differance.

Work stress and financial stress is hard to deal with but you sound like you are very smart and capable of putting in the right changes. Late paying customers aye, ahhhhhhhh that sux you have to get tough or get one of those stamps with the sad face and stamp all your overdue invoices with the sad or angry face!!! If only it were that easy huh? Keep smiling though Smile

claire_sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:34 am

I try to keep smiling. Kinda feel it is easier to keep everyone else happy and hold it all in, but then I am learning that I can't do that with employees, need to be just a bit tougher (please don't take offense with that) but even more so tougher on myself at work and let the reigns go.

I don't think I am demanding in nature...but will have get demanding with the delinquent payers..

It is so hard not to lay blame though! and just get on with it!! Equally difficult is not blaming myself for everything!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 am

I get really itching legs and constantly scratch them (sometimes I cause them to bleed)- I think mine is a habit. They may feel a little itchy, so I scratch them, then I can't stop because it just feels nice. Then I just scratch all over them to get a consistency throughout the legs..Odd I know, But no ones normal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:38 am

your right there.. I am the most abnormal one here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum