The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression

3 posters

Go down

Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression Empty Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression

Post by Dolphingurl Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:53 am

Does anyone apart from me do this? If i have scabs i seem to pick at them if i'm feeling down. just to make myself bleed, it feels better. so is it just me or do others do this too?
Dolphingurl
Dolphingurl

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression Empty Re: Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression

Post by britelite Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:09 am

yep I will put my hand up to this...I don't selfharm, as in purposely cut etc...but I do pick scabs off all the time when I am in a low...I also bite the inside of my mouth hard enough to take chunks out and cause bleeding and dig fingernails in hard enough to cause bleeding to...but neither of these are things I knowingly do...not till I taste the bleed or see it...although I seem to bite and dig more when anxiety is high or a panic attack is rapidly approaching
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression Empty Re: Massachism (sp) as a form of outage for depression

Post by Dolphingurl Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:12 am

oh good so i'm not alone. Smile i only do it when i'm down and i only realise i've caused myself to bleed when i see the bleeding. its then that i tell hubby and he grabs hold of my hand so i don't do it again, he's trying so hard to help me.
Dolphingurl
Dolphingurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:27 am

I chew on my fingers until they bleed...and I do it mostly while im going off to sleep or even in my sleep.

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 am

I am bad for chewing and picking at my cuteicles (sp). It doesnt help I have counselling and shrink appoint both on the same day though my fingers not so bad at mo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphingurl Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 am

i've been making myself bleed again today. i'm home alone and i'm lonely. Sad
Dolphingurl
Dolphingurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Have we all stopped this - I know I haven't affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum