The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good things in your day :)

+82
Headless12
FLuffy
ExplodingShrimp
Scamp
Robynrose
Fluffy_Ducks
max17
Apricot
shadyhorse
Elsie
Maisie
aitch
Martinc
mylife
tobycat
alfio
Jasper the cat
IBMAREE
escadachic
nzmum
Lou
Josie
zin
jaffakiwi
DocLazy
Cycling_Hero
Cathy
Nakake
unknown
sleepless
smiley
qwerky90
EGBAR
.imstillstanding.
Anita
rob
Westdude
moonskr
Gabriell
Martine
eldritch
Bluebird1
mistameenah
GrandmaT
laworder
traceylee
Garfield
becks
shadowsmum
logical-cents
Worried
woppow
hopes4happiness
musicool
jomatt
claire_sky
huttlady
peterpam
claire_bear1000
Guerrilla Roach
dyslexick-man-lol
Pixie1time
greasemonkey
Folly
kidsandme
lifeshouldbegreat
diggingdeep
maidy
attica
sheba1964
1teaspoon
britelite
lil_miss_haley
lowdown
wreckedless
Paddy
_wizza_
daze7
ZenMonsta
poppy
Admin (Paddy)
Lonely Girl
86 posters

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 42 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by Headless12 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 am

My dog and I did some gardening, well he watched while I dug lol. I picked my first lot of berries, had cuddles with my cat AND had a grandpa nap that didn't waste that whole day cheers

Headless12

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 42 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by theworldsfastestsloth Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm

My good thing today - getting out for a jog/walk along Mission Bay. It was good to get some sun and the blood going again. While I didn;t feel I ran that well, my pace on my running app was much better than I thought!
theworldsfastestsloth
theworldsfastestsloth

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Headless12 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 am

I have refound my sence of self worth, I have learnt that I am capable of more than I give myself credit for. God pitty the fool that gets in my way now that I see hope for the future - or more to the point I can now SEE a future.

Headless12

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikascanbe Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi happy people, here's a funny one....I have a very close friend who is a Superannuate with diabetes type two. Its bad enough with old age catching up with him but when the symptoms of diabetes effect his health as well it can be very difficult......now the funny part is just imagine what happens when I come along with my .....depression and post traumatic stress disorder....sometimes my mate and I are in fits of laughter.....between the both of us we get up some mornings, can't remember what it is we were doing, meant to do, even to the point of going to do.....that we end walking around in circles, crack up laughing and going back to bed and putting a movie on.....its soooooooooo good to have a laugh my friends.....awesome page......all the best.

kwikascanbe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet Cell Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 am

Hey there, new to this place. Today I listened to music for the first time in many months. This is a big deal for me because I usually find it too overstimulating and it makes me a nervous wreck. I found out sort of by accident. Someone was mowing there lawn with a weedeater (a really high pitched whiny one eeek!), he kept it up over two hours almost continually. Finally when I couldn't handle it anymore, I decided to drown it out with my favourite music, half expecting it to make things worse. It didn't, I felt calmed by it and it helped me cope until weedeater man quit his annoying racket. This makes up for having one of my worst days yesterday compounded by my teenage daughter being a complete bitch to me last night. I'm dreading her coming home, maybe I should drown her out with music:lol:

Velvet Cell

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mangayoledawg Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Haven't got time to read as many replies as I would like today, but I can see the value of giving thanks and what a good idea.

Today I was reminded of how many really cool things I have done, with and without my kids, when I sorted out some digital photos.

Even while I get treated like a leper (sorry lepers) in some parts of society, I'm stoked to remember that in the face of heaps of criticism and not a bucketload of support I still get out and take the kids to buskers, beach days, local hotpools, camping, etc etc.

Today I asked my son if he could be really happy about anything besides videogames, movies and tv. I mentioned to him "what about kites, fishing, hydroslides, waterskiing, tree huts and everything? Don't you want to do some more of that type of stuff?"

Because let's face it - we don't get that much lasting satisfaction out of watching most movies. It's harder to make a kite and go somewhere and fly it, and 100 times more rewarding, most of the time.

Thank you to everyone for keeping the gratitudes going, and please don't forget what gave you a lasting buzz when you were young.
mangayoledawg
mangayoledawg

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42