The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey everyone, I am new I here.

3 posters

Go down

hey everyone, I am new I here. Empty hey everyone, I am new I here.

Post by mumof3awsumboys Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 am

I am new here, I have suffered with depression on and off over the last few years, I suffered from bad postnatal depression with my first born son who is now nearly 6, I went undiagnosed with him and had alot of bonding issues.

I then went on to have another son to a different father 2 years later and didnt suffer from PND with him even considering he was born with club foot. When the boys were 3.6 and 15 months I met my current partner and 18 months on we have our own son who is now 5 months old.

When I was pregnant with my second son I suffered from perinatal depression, and also suffered badly from this with my last son aswell, I have been involved with counceling and ways to manage my anxietys which started around 2 years ago.

Since having my the wee lad I have had bad PND and the worst anxiety imaginable (which has since disappeared in the last month, mabe due to my birth control and the hormones?) I started getting better (or so I thought) without anti depressants however I had been taking the weightloss tablet duromine. A couple of weeks ago suddenly I headed deap into a dark pit and tried to take my life via overdose, which obviously didnt work! I have been on citelapram for 2 weeks now, and last week I had another episode where I tried to get my hands on some pills. Luckily my partner caught me and I had the crisis team come round.

I am feeling alot better on the citelapram and anti psychotics taken at night to help me sleep, I had been off the duromine for 2 weeks but I have decided to go back on those for 2 months as my weight is a huge mental thing for me. Anyway! Sorry for the long winded speal I hope you have read down this far and thank you if you have Smile

My name is Jade I am 23 and I have 3 boys aged 5.8, 3.5 and 5 months and an amazing partner who I wouldnt be here without cheers
mumof3awsumboys
mumof3awsumboys

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

hey everyone, I am new I here. Empty Re: hey everyone, I am new I here.

Post by Easily Amused Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:02 am

Hi Jade and welcome to the forum, you will find everyone here friendly and wiling to help if and where they can, so don't be afraid to ask for help and check out the chat room it is quite active at night and some times in the day time

Merrilyn
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 am

Hey Jade,Nice to meet you and glad you are here/ I guys here are awesome.Just a question and I am sure it is something your doctor will have looked into but some of weight loss medications intact with anti depressants and they reccommend that the weight loss medication not be taken by someone with a psycriatric illness. May just be worth checking for your own safety.

Back to top Go down

Post by mumof3awsumboys Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks for both of your replies Smile I will def check out the chat room.

Roswell, yes I do know that they can interact badly with each other my partner and I will be keeping a close eye on myself and If I do start to go downhill I will stop them immediately. Thanks for your concern tho Very Happy

Oh and I just noticed I had written I am 23, wishful thinking on my part I am 24 lol
mumof3awsumboys
mumof3awsumboys

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 am

Hi Jade, welcome to the site.
I suffer from PND too, have done with all 3 of my children. Have just gone back on medication for it, as I've felt myself going back down that dark hole since our youngest was born (she's almost 10 weeks old).
This place is fantastic, I hope you find it as much of a help as I have.

Tash
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:05 am

Hi Jade, Geoff here, your former rock'n roll buddy! So cool to see somebody I actually know on here Smile Welcome to the site Smile BTW thats a gorgeous photo of you Smile Your looking great.

Back to top Go down

Post by mumof3awsumboys Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Heya Geoff! How have you been? Yeah its great to see someone on here I know too Smile Thanks for the comment although I am not feeling that great at the mo but slowly getting there with meds.

Hope your doing well Smile
mumof3awsumboys
mumof3awsumboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey there

How are you doing now mumof3awsumboys????

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum