The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This feels a bit weird but here I go...

+3
britelite
daze7
Butterfly
7 posters

Go down

This feels a bit weird but here I go... Empty This feels a bit weird but here I go...

Post by Butterfly Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:43 am

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, chronic depression, anxiety, OCD and a couple of other things on which the professionals disagree. It took me nearly 25 years to seek professional help. I had a breakdown when my husband was killed in a motorbike accident. My GP sent me for grief counselling and from there ,they discovered that I had survived a lifetime of abuse. Im still uncomfortable with leaving myself open, so please be gentle with me. Sometimes I feel Like a butterfly who has been pinned to a piece of cardboard for examination. At other times Im emerging from my cocoon and ready to fly free...
Butterfly
Butterfly

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

This feels a bit weird but here I go... Empty Re: This feels a bit weird but here I go...

Post by daze7 Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi Butterfly ... Good to see you here! It is sometimes amazing to realise that one has experienced a lot of abuse ... and not recognised it! (I'm the same). It is good to 'fly free' ... and it maybe only happens some of the time! Hugs for you ..... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

This feels a bit weird but here I go... Empty Re: This feels a bit weird but here I go...

Post by britelite Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi Butterfly...and a big welcome from me Very Happy

We are always gentle with each other...thats one of the really nice things about being a part of TBBD I love you
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sari Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi there Butterfly and welcome.I can so relate to the picture you painted of the butterfly....Very good illustration.
Sari
Sari

Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi all, and thanks for your warm welcome. I had a great night last night, lots of family around me, the "healthy" ones. I am starting to enjoy being around people again instead of wanting to hide myself away. Thats got to be a good thing hey?
Butterfly
Butterfly

Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

This feels a bit weird but here I go... Empty You are not alone

Post by Black Fairy Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:02 am

I also have PTSD some days are better than others I have been to counselling where i was diagnosed. Unfortunately counselling for me was a short term fix and all my demons are back. Some of these are managed by medication but not all the time. The flash backs are awful as I flashback right from when I was a toddler right to present day. I don't know how I manage but seem to scrape through with support of my husband and children. I don't have any solutions short or long term but I am here to support you any way I can.

Take Care
Black Fairy
Black Fairy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 am

Hi butterfly

Welcome, I'm so pleased you are able to join us all here, my experience here has been very positive, with loads of support and encouragement. Paddy has created a space were we can vent, chat to others, share the load, help others etc a beautiful soul.

Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by Easily Amused Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi Butterfly, Welcome , everyone here is so friendly and willing to help in any way that they can
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi there butterfly, have your wings started to spread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello Butterfly..

and... a warm welcome from me too..

I can relate to some of what you've written too.. and am sending heartfelt hugs.. I'm glad you've joined TBBD..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down