The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression

3 posters

Go down

New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression Empty New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression

Post by angelwings Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:16 am

Hi.. this is my first time on here.. I have suffered for years from Anxiety/Panic and Depression.. I feel quite good now.. not 100% but I go to work and I have a new puppy who is the best.. the only prob now is the Social Anxiety which in turn leaves me feeling low.. I have avoided any get togethers with friends for so long now that they don't even speak to me, I have a few close friends but am frustrated with myself as I'm single and would really like a relationship and a life.. just way too scared..
angelwings
angelwings

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression Empty Re: New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression

Post by britelite Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:42 am

Hi angelwings...and welcome...isn't it great when you are feeling good!!!...if you feel like chatting there are a couple of us floating in the chat room...you find it by going back to the home page...scrll down and there it is!!!

if you don't feel like chatting just yet thats fine too...I hope to catch up with you very soon Very Happy cheers
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression Empty Re: New here.... Social Anxiety.. Depression

Post by angelwings Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks britelite.. I will have a look... Smile
angelwings
angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 am

angel,
welcome to TBBD.
I suffer from depression and ptsd, i found that i thought i wanted a partner but then i really wasnt ready for it, we have to be well in our selves before we can make a commitment to others.
try to get together with friends, just small things first and then gradually go to bigger things.
Angel, you can have a life, if you want it, without a relationship, try to get with a couple of your friends and try to explain whats happened and what you'd like to do.
i hope this helps, and if not there are others on here who can help.
Take care and hope to see you in chat room when your ready.
KandM
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwings Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:51 am

Thank you heaps.. am having a little look in the chat room... Smile
angelwings
angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum