The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here

2 posters

Go down

New Here Empty New Here

Post by Bex3825 Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Hey all,
Well, this is awkward. I get really anxious when I come into a new site and I'm never really sure what to say. I guess a little about myself before I dump my issues...
I'm 27 from the Wellington region and I've been dealing with various mental health issues since I was 11. I consider myself an artist in the fields of novel writing, poetry, painting and pan and ink... Unfortunately my creativity is best/peaks when my depression and anxiety are the worst.

My latest slide down the slippery slope has come after an awesome year of high-functioning achievement combined with a minimum of depressive episodes. I guess that's what this has hit so hard... I dared to believe the worst was over. Currently my meds are being mucked around with but that always causes so much upheaval.

The main problem for me is isolation which is why I'm reaching out any way I can, over and over again. I'm hoping to find a place of mutual support where I can talk to about people about my stuff and maybe offer some advice based on my experiences.

Cheers
Bex

Bex3825

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

New Here Empty Re: New Here

Post by zin Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Bex, welcome to the forum and hugs to you. Going through a change of meds is a real pain, hopefully things will settle down for you soon. I can understand the frustration of 'crashing' after a good year. This depression stuff sure is a pain to put it mildly!
Hugs again
Zin
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum