The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch

5 posters

Go down

Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch Empty Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch

Post by Apricot Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 am

Hi,
Has anyone stayed in? Whats it like? Teen may have to go in. Just wondering if anyone knows much about it.
Thanks.
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch Empty Re: Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch

Post by Guerrilla Roach Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:32 am

Hi, I have worked with clients who have had positive experiences at PMH Youth. I found it to be professional and supportive towards the clients I had within their service.
Guerrilla Roach
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch Empty Re: Princess Margaret hosp, christchurch

Post by Apricot Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 am

Ok thankyou. reasurring. Thats great.
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 am

My son was visited at home as he still wont go out. The doctor is not really thinking its presenting like depression, but ofcourse without full blown tests evaluations etc, I guess really hard. Any way, he has been prescribed Fluoxetine. As yet, no change showing. Still not showering etc etc. Sleeping in clothes. So sad. All Ican do is keep being as stable as I possibly can for his sake.

Doctor will see him end of January, and see whats what, may still be off to either chch, or dunedin.
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cycling_Hero Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

Great place Princess Margaret. Been in there myself. Awesome staff and just a great environment

Cycling_Hero

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-09

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Thankyou for adding Cycling Hero. It is still a possibility for my child. He has been on anti depressents, but will no longer take them now. The doctor wants to see him next week, but due to how he wont leave the house that may not happen, even if, Doc still wants to meet with me.

Housebound is an issue. There are so many variables.....

Thanks for the comments, if it comes to it...I can tell my son here is someone who has been.

Thanks.
Apricot.
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Gulps. Had the news last night we are to go next week. Have to fly. Have never flown before, either of us. Petrified. I have issues myslef, getting to the mailbox sometimes hard enough. Local shopping can be extreme. THIS IS FUCKING HUGE.

I am having problems even thinking about it. My son has thrown his pills out last night. says everything is my fault. Says he will not go, whch of course means sectioned. Said thismorning he just wants to starve and die.

THis is all so hard and painful. I am terrified of getting from A to B. Not of the people as such. ITs the lifts, the traffic, the signs...all tooooo much information if you understand. It makes it harder for ever for me to understand simple things. My son said last night he is worried, but wont or cant say why.

I hate living in this head of mine. ANd I feel so guilty than now my own kids are also showing signs of something....problems.
At my sons age I had attempted suicide. with medications.
am still on medications. When I drank, that seemed to relax me most of all, made me feel as good as everyone else etc....except I did stupid things when drinking. It lost me my family. It lost me any respect that many had for me. I have worked so hard to be sober this last two years. Its so hard.
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by ExplodingShrimp Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 am

I work at the YIU, and have also been admitted in the past. It's come a very long way, the staff are excellent and I get a lot of positive feedback from the youth there. They tackle complaints extremely efficiently at the moment and have far more resources than they did when I was a patient, it's great to see such an improvement over the years. It's a tough time, but the best support is there Smile
ExplodingShrimp
ExplodingShrimp

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aidenrock Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 am

No noy yet, you know its my hardly wish to be there...... Mad
aidenrock
aidenrock

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-01-07

http://www.dynamicmounting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum