The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURIVOR

Go down

SURIVOR Empty SURIVOR

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 am

as a survivor of our mental health system from the late 60s to the mid 70sI find it hard to explain to modern medical people why the hell I dont like doing certain things or being in certain places-was thinking of getting a high vis jacket with-"I was mis-diagnosed as a child"The only way seems to be too involve the present mental health system and get fragile stickers plastered all over some sort of file..which after all these years seems futile..one of the things that really pisses me off is because I didnt yell blue murder or line up for compensation Im just not heard due to lack of evidence and belief..are there advocates for people like me?..who need medical help for physical conditions..but also need help to engage the present health system? Very Happy cheers all-oops wrong forum-maybe paddy will pop it into the right one for me?I should add I have been diagnosed with 14 types of mental illness..the last time I spoke to a medical (expert) about any of these was 1978 I live with the scars both mental and physical and fight the good fight to help others and myself-/suicide/drugs/self mutilation/multi personas/phobic allsorts/depression/ptsd/several disorders..maybe Im lucky but for some reason I ride a trolley on a knife edge..sometimes i think we all do...Im forever cutting my feet on the knife edge..

Last edited by artnz on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : explanetory needed)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum