The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here - Question about relationships

3 posters

Go down

New here - Question about relationships Empty New here - Question about relationships

Post by Sarah Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:44 am

Hi all,

I'm brand new here. Well, to be honest I joined a while back but was too nervous to jump on, because I just couldn't deal at the time, but now I thought it would be good to come back, but I lost my original details, so I signed up fresh. That was probably a bit too much info but yeah.

So, I have a question - I haven't been in a new relationship since I was diagnosed. I was in a relationship when I was diagnosed, and now I don't know how long into meeting someone it should be before I tell them. The last person I told... well I felt like it buggered it up before we really had a chance, like we weren't dating, just friendly and then it got weird and now we don't talk. But I've had another situation where I know my moods had no context because I just couldn't tell the guy I really liked and so I think he thought I was a bit of an idiot because of how worked up I got over stuff that seemed really pathetically little to him but for me, on top of everything, was just like the straw that broke the camel's back, you know?

So yeah, I was just wondering if anyone else had any advice?

Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

New here - Question about relationships Empty Re: New here - Question about relationships

Post by Maisie Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:52 am

Hi Sarah. Im so glad youve asked what you have, because I will be interested in knowing what people say! Ive thought about it too, and not sure how to go about it. Bleurgh!

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

New here - Question about relationships Empty Re: New here - Question about relationships

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Sarah,

Welcome back, as to your question I suspect there is no right or wrong answer and often its a matter of doing what feels right for you at the time.

With my own personal journey I have a policy of telling everyone I meet fairly early on that Im a fruitloop. My personal thoughts are that people either choose to handle it or they choose not to but its my duty to myself and them to be open from the start.

I understand how scary self-disclosure can be and that we all have different expectations and experiences of other peoples reactions and that influences our choices to be open or not.

Choosing to inform people and let them make their own choices has been very empowering for me even when people have rejected me or attempted to use my problems against me, most have been fab though I have to say.

So thats what I do ...

Best of luck in coming to a decision that works for you.

Ness

*waves to Miss Maisie*

Last edited by ZenMonsta on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I should not type quickly at 7am in the morning while running out the door lol)
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down