The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help me may have triggers for some

2 posters

Go down

help me may have triggers for some Empty help me may have triggers for some

Post by Garfield Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:09 am

I'm writing today as i am feeling at my end.
it has been long time since I've posted and I've been doing really well taking my drugs for depression and seen my counsellor .
problem is we have just unearthed problem that choose to ignore in fact can't remember half of it. It was child molestation. Its blew up in my face because apparently he you have daughter or same sex child to you when they turn the age that you were molested that's when triggers start to happen. My last memories iswhen was ten and know it happened earlier than that my daughter is just turned five i an am feeling lost useless unwanted un lovable . Can't fat can't sleep can't function very well don't want to be near my kids even though they really need of at the moment. Was doing so well before this surfaced . Problem is it was my brother still see him and so do my kids at the moment i hold no anger towards him and think sometimes maybe it was just curiosity gotten outta hand? Anyone out there that's been through this do you have any advise or anyone feel like I'm drowning.[justify]
Garfield
Garfield

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

help me may have triggers for some Empty Re: help me may have triggers for some

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:06 am

There are two opposing views on how best to move on from abuse.

One school of thought is that it's best to move on and not dwell on the details of the past, where as the other school of thought is that it's best to think about it, talk about it, get it out of your system so that it no longer controls you.

As you have let on, people who try to escape the past by running from it often get triggered when they least expect it, so my personal preference is for dealing with it.

But everybody is different and for many people facing it head on can be very very difficult.

I hope this has helped in some small way.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down