The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low self esteem

3 posters

Go down

Low self esteem Empty Low self esteem

Post by Martinc Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi - I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any helpful sugestions on how to raise my seld esteem.
I'm just three weeks out of being hospitalised for a suicide attempt and I feel like s***t.
Part of the reason for trying to take my own life was the fact that I really don't like myself at all.
My whanau have been telling me that they love me and that I have a valuable part to play but the trouble is I just don't believe them. I feel totally worthless and getting ready for another attempt. This time I've done my homework on anatomy and instead of finding slow bleeding veins I'm going to cut an artery. That way I won't be found before it's too late.
Aaagh - this life just isn't worth the hassle - I'm tired of it and all the crap - I juist feel like getting out of here.
Martinc Crying or Very sad

Martinc

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Low self esteem Empty Re: Low self esteem

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:33 am

Man, please don't talk/think like that. You can get through this.

Are you willing to open up to someone? I'm in a good place recently, and think I know a fair bit about self esteem (after a roller-coaster ride with it). I'd be really happy to chat one on one with you, how about private-messaging me with a Facebook or MSN address?

If you'd rather not... how about posting here two lists. One that shows everything you dislike about yourself, and another listing things you'd like about yourself.

You've got yourself into some really negative thinking, and I would like to challenge some of your thoughts that aren't helping you.

Take care (and seriously, PM me okay?)

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DocLazy Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:37 pm

jaffakiwi wrote:
If you'd rather not... how about posting here two lists. One that shows everything you dislike about yourself, and another listing things you'd like about yourself.
That is an excellent idea. Include what you are good at as well.

Do you have any hobbies you like doing? I'm what you might call a jack of all trades master of none, and have interests in all sorts of things. I find keeping myself busy is a good way to keep my mind of things I shouldn't be thinking about.

Remember, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Your depression will pass, it just takes time.

DocLazy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Martinc Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Jaffakiwi and DocLazy - thanks for the replies.
Right now I'm a little too tired and maybe too self absorbed to follow up on your advice.
My wife just gave me another kick in the guts (she's good at that without realising what she's done) and I'm just having a difficult time staying here.
As soon as I get myself together and feel a little better I'll get back to you.
At least I know that someone out there reads this stuff!
Cheeras, Martinc

Martinc

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum