The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how long does it take for medication to get out of system

4 posters

Go down

how long does it take for medication to get out of system Empty how long does it take for medication to get out of system

Post by mumtothree Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 am

hay i was just wondering how long it would take to get tegratol and quitapine out of your system completly i have been off both now for 30 days and just wondering if they would be out or not. alien
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

how long does it take for medication to get out of system Empty Re: how long does it take for medication to get out of system

Post by Paddy Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:56 am

Hi,
Hope you don't mind too much; I moved this Thread into the Medications section in the hopes that more folk may then see it.

Here is the Medsafe NZ Link to both the Consumer Information Sheet for Tegretol
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/t/Tegretol.pdf AND the medical professionals Information Sheet from Medsafe
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/t/Tegretoltabsyrup.pdf

Depending on just what you are taking or were, Quetiapine, has Four different Consumer Information Sheets. Helpful, aye.

Go to
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/CMIForm.asp
enter the word Quetiapine (spelling is essential) in the Search Box and select ‘Ingredient Name’, then click ‘Search.’
Then, you can choose which of the Four Consumer Information Sheets is the relevant one for you.

The medical professionals Information Sheet from Medsafe Link is

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/q/quetiapinetab.pdf

Sorry I can’t help more than that.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

how long does it take for medication to get out of system Empty Re: how long does it take for medication to get out of system

Post by mumtothree Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:21 am

thanks paddy i had a look but didnt really find anything to help hope pepz have some personal advice
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 am

It wasn't that helpful, was it?

I hope folk do give you the benefit of their personal experiences, MT3.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 am

bump Very Happy
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:47 am

mumtothree wrote:bump Very Happy

you might look into Pranayama or Rebirthing......if there is a practioner around you somewhere.
Go ask a Yoga practioner...

I dont know the drugs you have ingested, but I had massive problems with the after effects of anti-depressant drugs...they killed my Libido 90%.

Good Luck Mum!

alfio

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelnut Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 am

am not sure why meds get used to suppress people half the time, i battled for years and won, except recently had the misfortune of being forced somewhere i did not want to be and back to square one after 8yrs of hard work staying well, i am dirty at the whole system at present and words cannot express the anger i feel at the system and those in it for the good pay getting off on seeing a healthy person being forced meds and orders on paper.

rebelnut

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 am

rebelnut wrote:am not sure why meds get used to suppress people half the time, i battled for years and won, except recently had the misfortune of being forced somewhere i did not want to be and back to square one after 8yrs of hard work staying well, i am dirty at the whole system at present and words cannot express the anger i feel at the system and those in it for the good pay getting off on seeing a healthy person being forced meds and orders on paper.
We have a commission here, in oz
that is set-up to make the public aware of the OTHERways inwhich ppls minds can be healed
without their power being taken away.
Proffessional Ppls have a habit of taking over you life in many areas.

In childbirth for instance.
The whole deal has been arranged to suit the Drs schedule, perhaps so he can get in His GOLF
on time??? Who knows why they do it, but from what i have seen, it is deadly for many
to have their metabolism interferred with.
I worked in a Geriatric-Hospital and watched
and was even been used to 'quiet a person and convince them to trust the Drs'
and take this new-drug which(they said)wont trouble the patients mind.
The old woman knew they were fcuking her brains with their chemicals and she was pleading with me to have them stop it...Not a pleasant place to be.

Just a Normal dosage of some drugs is an overdose for a sensitive light framed person.

We need more education on purififying our bodyminds after having taken
psychotropic drugs for long periods of time i reckon!

alfio

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelnut Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:47 pm

well said as i feel like i'm back to square one in the system i worked so hard to leave, am totally pissed off at it, o and op they reckon it takes 3wks or so to flush out meds, drink lot's of water, eat healthy etc, make sure you get enough rest, knowing and using your coping strategies can be quite effective.

rebelnut

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 am

rebelnut wrote:well said as i feel like i'm back to square one in the system i worked so hard to leave, am totally pissed off at it, o and op they reckon it takes 3wks or so to flush out meds, drink lot's of water, eat healthy etc, make sure you get enough rest, knowing and using your coping strategies can be quite effective.
It is good to meet here,
and discuss where 'one is at' in the progress of their life-venture.

Its great that ppl can come to feel 'stronger' from taking an active role in their health and recovery
and that we can gradually come to speak openly and honestly
about where we've been, as each of us can pick-up something from where the other has walked in life.
Stagnation isnt an answer.

Although i have not tried naturopathy(but had some experience in it),
perhaps that health-decipline might reveal a method to clean-out your body-cells of chemical residue.

I meet a Man from America(old quaker/amish bloke) who many were (an still are ) flocking-too in America....
for healings. He is some sort of naturopath and from my photograph and my handwriting,
He was able to attune to me(and my $20, lol)and quickly informed me of my then condition,
and told me the things i should get inside me.
It were too expensive to purchase and send them from usa,
so i went about in Perth and found things that were 'similar', and they helped me tremendously.
I came thro.

What I havnt undone yet is my Libido loss.
Could be it is simply normal due to age but I dont think-so.
It began diminishing when i was taking the psychotropic drugs the Drs were recomending me.
Dont get me wrong here.
The drugs gave me time to think-outside the depth of mind, i had befallen.

I am grateful for their assistance,
but I was also aware that I MUST be in control,
I must also do something for mySELF so as NOT TO LOOOSE my Power a
and be put away as a hopeless idiot into a mental hospital and given shock treatment.

That scared the fcuk out of me,
as I had treated a Woman many years ago who had been done-over for menopause,
when the hospital couldnt control her emotions and they gave her the treatment,
which effected her frontal lobes badly.

So...
set-out ASKING questions of ppl about you,
for leads as to Flushing-Out Systems for liver and other organs...

Thanks for reminding me,
I must look up the Amish Bloke again to see what he knows about libido-regain.
Maybe he is dead?
Although theyre a strange lot those ppl,
He sure was ontrack for me and deadly-accurate in His Diagnosis.

Cheers, Rebel,
Stay rebellious!

alfio

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelnut Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 am

yes i know what you mean about libido loss, but then i am enjoying the break myself which i feel is healthy for me at this point in time.

There is no reason why good food, lots of water and minimising stressful situations and people cannot be implemented into tryng a more balanced approach to ones lifestyle, a lot of the time it's looking outside the mainstream square and seeking out and researching along the way what is helpful and what isn't eh, cheers.

rebelnut

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 am

Breaks are good.
How we go into Work can be revealling of our dominant attitude which can bring us into stressful-states.
Pacing oneself is good stuff.
Starting off the way one wants to end the job
ensures we are not allowing the ego to over-work us
and use unwarrented force at work.

The idea of 'taking on much more water' than the body needs
can be very effective. Our bowel extracts water and this can lead to consipation if dry.
The Drugs I took unset my metabolism and sometimes I didnt shit for days on end.
As i look back towards where i have been, its a wonder I got out alive!
I must add, that I was close to death alot,
what with cycles of vommitting and constipation.
If it wasnt for meditation,
i wouldnt have been able to withdrawer
out of the clutching-jaws of the medical proffession. Lucky me strucK it RICH
early one morning after meditation and I immediately stopped taking the psychothropic drugs,
to the horror of the Drs.

Your last post strikes me as 'most centred'.
What happened?
Have you made a friend?
Idea

alfio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down