The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a 'Get Over It' Rant to meself.

2 posters

Go down

Just a 'Get Over It' Rant to meself. Empty Just a 'Get Over It' Rant to meself.

Post by Paddy Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:21 am

Sigh. It has been a long week, it has here in PaddyLand.

Today, I was up, outta bed by 5.45. PM. Yeah, the Afternoon one. If I’d had a catheter, I’d still be in bed.

In the last five weeks, I’ve been really pushing myself physically, finding out how far I push myself despite a few skeletal problems and associated discomfort, ya know? I’m certain a chunk of the extremeness of my stupidity is my mental health madness(ess), but I have to accept that they are there no matter what I do – or don’t do.

This week though, I’m moving kinda slow, having to use my crutches even inside my little flat (which makes coffee carrying a messy proposition, take my word for it.) and the act of getting out of bed hurts, ya know. It really takes some doing, doh. I’m thinking about potential discomfort before I do anything, damnit and if anything that doesn’t belong on the floor finds its silly-self there, well, tough. Yeah, I do have a pickyuppiestickythingy but its um, yeah. On the floor.

Common sense made me use my mobility scooter this evening to go to me supermarket.
Actually it wasn’t commonsense, I had little option but to use it or stay home.
Tis the first time I’ve used it in two weeks, true. I’ve been walking everywhere. And back. I couldn’t have left the property today without the scooter and I sure as hell couldn’t have carried groceries. Yay for scooters! I suppose the fresh air was nice, but I bet it gives me Man Flu. And I have no chicken broth.

Meh. Stupid Body.

It just doesn’t understand that I am NOT letting it win, which means I’ll bounce back and when me second wind comes along, I’ll just do all that stupid shit and more, all over again ‘cos I enjoy it.

This will probably sound silly enough to get me locked up again.

In the last few weeks, I have really, really enjoyed ‘being tall’ again. When one sees the world and its horizons from the seat of an mobility scooter, or car or whatever, one isn’t very tall, ya know? One is not really much taller than the littlest of the little old ladies out on their scooters. The last few weeks, some folk have noticed me standing, walking and commented on how tall I actually am. Its an odd feeling, being ‘recognised’ for doing what the rest of them are doing, just not on sticks, lol. Hehe, there are a lot of short folk in my town, I hadn’t noticed that so much before. I’m six feet two give or take a bend or two in me spine theses days.

And I forgot to buy Shortbread – damn!

Paddy.

PS. This is just a ‘Get it out and get rid of it’ rant, so replies are not necessary thanks.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Just a 'Get Over It' Rant to meself. Empty Re: Just a 'Get Over It' Rant to meself.

Post by Martine Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

On your scooter please could you fly the Canterbury Colours. It would give your scooting more depth and meaning.

The Iroquois helicopters flying overhead to the Army Barracks is a horrible sound truly I never knew what they were doing until today.

I know you are thinking of us (your following) down in Christchurch Paddy.

PS I have a copy of Jo Seagars savoury mince. Its easy peasy Japanesey

Love Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum