The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned Membership - country-chick

+2
Millie25
Admin (Paddy)
6 posters

Go down

Banned Membership - country-chick Empty Banned Membership - country-chick

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:08 am

Members are advised that I have cancelled the membership of and banned from TBBD, the person who joined us on 01 February 2011 as ‘country-chick’.

This is the first time I have felt this to be necessary other than with ‘spammers’.

As host here, I have made this decision in what I consider to be the best interests of the majority.

It is not a decision made lightly, nor is it a decision open to debate.

Paddy Quinn.
Admin etc.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Banned Membership - country-chick Empty Re: Banned Membership - country-chick

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Morning,

I respect your right as admin to ban members. Can we please be advised of why this ban has been imposed as it is a decision made on our behalf.

Thanks
Roswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Millie25 Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks Paddy Smile

Millie25

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Ros...check out the thread re poems.. it will all become clear as chrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 am

Gosh Paddy

Gosh is all I can say really. Thank you for ridding us of this insulting troll.

The poems were indeed both personal and profound and many of us on this forum would understand and relate to them.

The offensive country chick will prolly go off and boil her cat in the microwave or start a fire somewhere. Purely a nasty piece of work
and best left alone and clearly not suitable for this board.

Sorry that you were the one to have to deal with it, because dealing with trolls is always unpleasant.

Love Maxinexxx and a cyberhug to Millie

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:47 am

I totally agree that Country Chicks post was insensitive and inappropriate but I also wonder what is motivating her to be so hurtful and why she felt compelled to post at all if her feelings are so negative? Maybe she is also just the sort of person who needs our help and understanding and needs guidance on what is and is not acceptable to post here but also know that, so long as she is sensitive to thers needs the people here will be sensitive to hers and try and help her with whatever it is that brought her TBBD in the first place. After all there is not enough going on here to attract your usual troll who I imagine would go for a busy site where their mischief would get maximum exposure. There may well be a lot more to this person than what has been shown. When confronted with a mirror where we see things we don't want to see it is not unusual to react with spite and denial instead of acknowledging how close to home the thoughts or images in that mirror actually are.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 am

Bluebird, I completely agree with you. Thank you for writing exactly what I wanted to say.

Martine, I am surprised to see you so quickly and decively write off this person as a non-entity. Of course I don't agree with what she said, but she obviously had motivations for writing it and I very much doubt she joined this site just to be a pest.

We are all human... we all err. Country Chick, if you are still here and reading... perhaps you could contact Paddy with an apology and an explanation. Not all of us are so quick to write you off.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Although I disagree with Martine that country chick must be 'purely a nasty piece of work' I am glad her membership has been cancelled and think Paddy did the right thing.

Yes a lot of the people who (often faceless online) make comments like that are dealing (or not dealing) with their own pain. But that doesn't make it okay to add to other peoples, especially here in a place that is supposed to be safe to share anything and know that you will get back whatever support people are able to give at the time.

I think our first responsibility should be to the person who did nothing wrong. Really how likely is it that with a bit of support and understanding someone whose first post is so horrible is going to turn around and apologise, spill her heart out to us and then go on to be a compassionate,supportive member of TBBD?

I don't doubt country chick needs some help, but it's not the type we can give here at TBBD, I don't believe.

Thanks Patrick Sir for keeping TBBD a safe place to be and to share xx

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down