The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBT

2 posters

Go down

CBT Empty CBT

Post by DocLazy Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Who here has had this and did you find it to be of much help?

DocLazy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

CBT Empty Re: CBT

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Cognitive behavioural therapy.

I think it has its place. I'm seeing a lady for this at the moment. Have had two sessions this time and they have given me plenty to think about. Seems , in my sessions, to centre around stress and how it affects me.

She recommended a couple of books. I have purchased "I've had it up to here" from consumer. its easy to read and has some common sense info in it. I should get on and finish reading it before our next session.

She also recommended Thoughts and Feelings , wich I found on google books. Sorry I dont have the link to hand.

So far it seems to be about recognising your thought patterns and understanding stress. ( and for me learning more about what panic has been enlightening.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:48 am

Hey,

Yes I have had CBT and had some good success with it. I managed to give up self harm with this therapy for a period of two years till I became really unwell due to outside factors.

Maybe it is time for a refreshers course.

You can find a list of counsellors who do CBT online or your GP can referr you to one.

Back to top Go down

Post by DocLazy Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:32 pm

My psych doc recommended I get CBT at my first consultation. I said I'd think about it, as I wasn't really sure it would be much use. I didn't really think I had any issues that CBT could help with.

However, I had a talk with me mum over Christmas about this stuff and she mentioned how much trouble I had with reading, spelling and that I was writing my letters and numbers backwards quite a lot. All signs of dyslexia. After doing a bit of research, it turns out dyslexics have to work something like 5 times as hard when trying to read and comprehend something. Which can be quite stressful when doing a full time degree.

You guys seem to have had some success with it, so I'll see if I can get a referral.

DocLazy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 am

hay just wanted to know if anyone else had tried this i have been doing it for about 6 weeks know and seem to have hit a brick wall i just cant seem to put some stuff to bed i have to say that with certain thing that it work my kw put me onto the person which im grateful for i just want to hear from anyone else doing it or has done it and how well it has worked for you please.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum