The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear World

+3
Bluebird1
jaffakiwi
Paddy
7 posters

Go down

Dear World Empty Dear World

Post by Paddy Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 am

Dear World,

I’ve been hiding away a wee bit lately and I won’t say that ‘S’ word, cos it felt like what I needed to do, ya know?

Fortuitously, I seem to be, as athletes say, getting my second wind (baked beans ‘ll do that for ya!).

I kinda felt all ‘Paddy’d Out’ ya know and tis very hard to offer profound wisdom when one knows that one should be ‘doing’ a lot more except, ya can’t be arsed too, ya know?

As Admin I wandered backwards and forwards here, attending to what I could best as I could but as moi, it all got a bit much, sigh.

Not a half day went by when I wasn’t ‘here’ as an unsigned in Guest but I think me brain needed that break from the self-imposed expectation that somewhere or other, I had always had answers to other folks conundra (plural for conundrum, I’ve just decided.). Cos sadly, I don’t ‘always’ and for a wee while, I was hard put to sort me own ones out.

I still kinda enjoyed the fresh air and nature and stuff, but it wasn’t real exciting, ya know? I’d not written anything for my own pleasure or satisfaction or needs, in weeks. I wasn’t even making up on the fly, filthy verses to songs heard at random on the radio. That shoulda alerted me all wasn’t well, pffft.

So, whats changed? Well, me mate Yddap suggested I’d wallowed long enough this time around, ya know. Oh, and I discovered in me medicine cupboard, a hell of a lot more of my anti-mad pills than I shoulda had left, if they’d been taken as prescribed each morning. Hmmmmm. I thought I was taking them and sometimes I musta done but I think I’m one of those folk for whom life really is better on them than not, ya know?

A few days without them, and it feels like its weeks after resuming them to be back up to where I know I can be. Sure, life ain’t perfect on the anti-mads, but life ain’t ever perfect, is it? No Paddy, it isn’t, is it!

Hmmmm. I are back.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Dear World Empty Re: Dear World

Post by jaffakiwi Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 am

Welcome back good Sir. Long may this bounce-back last.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Welcome back Paddy, You have beeb sorely missed.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 am

Hi Paddy good to see you back and to hear that you are experiencing your 'second wind' as it were. Take special care of you and TBT won't you?! cheers
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Welcome back good on you for looking after yourself if thats what you need to do then do it.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks for your understanding and encouragement.
I'm not used to all this sensitive new age guy stuff yet, so it takes its toll, pffft.

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by zin Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:36 am

Hugs from the teddy bears anyway, teddies love us no matter how we are feeling (and they don't snore)......
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 am

Well I had wondered what that smell was my old friend!

Perhaps the beans without the cheese next time.

I am glad all is well mate ....
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down