The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing dream

Go down

Amazing dream Empty Amazing dream

Post by oodlesauck Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Unsure of where to write this, not sure if it is writing to survive, it is definitely dreaming in recovery or doing therapy in my sleep.I have just woken from an amazing dream which has similarities in a slightly different form when I was very unwell, coming out of pschychosis aprox 20 years ago & i was trying to check out the reality of my thoughts & beliefs at that time. In other words I had been triggered back to a frightened child by some thing that had happened in the news & was acting out some of that I basically got the past confused with the present. It was terrifying but I lived to tell the tale.

The actual Dream
? part 1
Somewhere in thie dream ther were old good friends from the past & I was angry with the lack of support that I was getting & lack of phone contact etc.

Theme was:admitting about my mental health condition when i was in an unwell vulnerable state, with people I didn't really know that well in a differrent enviroment to what I was used to. Some how I got thru the situation & was accepted by people.
The setting was at the end of year at a college prize giving.

Part 2
I was a parent who had conflicting emotions & thoughts , part of me wanted to flee the situation cos I felt so vulnerable& embarresed by my mental state. The other part really wanted to be there for my son
Not able to express myself as I normally do A maori group were showing their cultural activitie. Being accepted despite my state.
Being there for my son despite my problems.

Feelings after waking from dream
Happy over whelmed in a nice way.
It probably doesn't sound much, but to me it is amazing in relation to where I am. I think it signifies recovery & where I am now, to where I have been. How far I have come really. It is about acceptance from me on my condition & from others. flower [b]

Last edited by oodlesauck on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

oodlesauck

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Amazing dream Empty Re: Amazing dream

Post by oodlesauck Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm

I think I have the basis to a good story from this dream, I would change it slightly , write it in the 2nd person. It would start off with a girl waking from a dream,I can picture the room & curtains blowing in the open wooden slide up window of an old wooden house. May be that signifies me waking up from a dream which is, & has been my journey over the years. Lots of ideas coming up.

oodlesauck

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down