The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

give me strenght

2 posters

Go down

give me strenght Empty give me strenght

Post by peterpam Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 am

For those that know me, you will know what I'm talking about. Bl....dy teenagers, beware, i am so so so close to giving you a mouthful. Breathing deeply, stay calm

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

give me strenght Empty Re: give me strenght

Post by Books4NZ Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 am

Hi PeterPam.. good for you for finding a place to stay strong.. and to breathe..

Through times when my Kid's were challenging for me, I tried to remind myself - the behaviours they're doing now, will be attributes that I'll admire in them when they're adults - tenacity, strength, ability to stand up for themselves, to speak up for themselves, being stubborn about being themselves, or doing something they really believe in.. etc..etc..

And all the while, they're learning resilience, and strength and courage and how to support themselves, and be there for themselves.. how to argue fairly - arguing the point, not the person or getting personal,

All wonderful things.. cos we're not growing kids.. we're growing adults..

Not always easy when they're trying all those things out on us, their parents.. one day you'll look at them and think, wow.. those times that were difficult, they were learning all this.. from me.. Wow..

Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 am

Thanks books, that gave me strenght and I also just had a night away with my lovely man and I'm all good again, maybe for the next week or so, lol.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum