The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate being 18!!!

2 posters

Go down

I hate being 18!!! Empty I hate being 18!!!

Post by woppow Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:45 am

For those who don't know me. I am Lizzie. I haven't been on here for a while due to being unwell, and lack of internet access.

My dad works too much, drinks too much, does weed too much. My mum is my friend. We get on sooo well.

At the start of April it was decided Home life (of my parents fighting and my dad's rejection) was impacting on my mental health more then anyone knew. It was decided I would live at my grandparents. I love them for letting me stay! I loved living there! I have never felt that way. I was able to know that it was a safe place, and I didnt need to keep a ear on the yelling in case it got out of control. I was happy there. But it was a short term place until Stepping Stones (a trust which has houses for people who have mental illness. to live full time, where they can learn the skills to live on their own or in a flat.) had a room for me.
Everything was going great, until my 18th Birthday. Alot of stuffed happened. The worst thing is I got sexual abused one day after my 18th. This sent me into a spin! I was in shock for a couple of days, refusing to accept what happened. I lost it with my caseworker, told her everything. She decided I was a real danger not only to myself but others due to a voice I was hearing. I stormed out of her office, Police got involved. They were trying to find me. I was trying to hide. in the end I let them know I was at my parents house. But then I didnt want to go back into YSS(mental health team) As soon as I saw the two officers coming up my driveway I thought fuck this. and jumped the fence. They caught me, and took me back to YSS. Where I got told I had to go into adult acute unit. (in paddys and most of your days - sunnyside) This didnt make me too happy, I tryed taking off but I forgot the cops were waiting in the waiting room. :( They took me to Hillmorton. Where I was striped of all my clothes. Jabed in the ass. But the most distressing thing was they took away my necklace that my brother got me for my 18th birthday! I was in and out of hospital for 32 days. and then in for another 9. then out for 6 hours and back in for 15hours.
Two days later, My mum came and pick me up from a friends house, when she told me dad had pushed her out of the house. We have moved into another house.

and now since I am 18, I am no longer with YSS(Youth mental health team) I am now with Adult. Who are soo far DICKS!!!!

Last edited by woppow on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding More.)
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

I hate being 18!!! Empty Re: I hate being 18!!!

Post by woppow Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:42 am

I have also been thinking whether to post this video I made or not.

- It may trigger some people, as it has photos of my cuts. - and my life story

Click HERE
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 am

Hi Woppow I hate being 18!!! 651613

I watched your video and wanted to say, that your video made quite an impact on myself and my partner. I love that you were able to share your truth, and your life, to the Internet world. It is such a brave thing to do, I admire that you can share your world Wop.

Arohanui Wop, I'm am so proud of you. xoxox

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 am

Thanks very much Poetry!!

I hope it didnt have a negatived impact.

I was hmming about putting it online. But I decided I no longer care, and I want to share my story
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:39 am

hI baby cakes*waves* I havent seen you on here for a while ...thanks for the hugs I needed them..so perfect timing! take care of you flower
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum