The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i really dont understand

3 posters

Go down

i really dont understand Empty i really dont understand

Post by mumof2 Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

why people can be so *need to find a describing word * about people with mental illnesses.........
i have set up a support group on face book for people with mental illnesses i want to be able to set it up so that people can go there to talk about their problems and find help amougnst other that have been down that road, some are saying that facebook is too open for a group like this which ok it might be but seriuosly why are people scared to say they have issues its really not fair, how can we be ourselves if our friends dont know a big part of us???
mumof2
mumof2

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

i really dont understand Empty Re: i really dont understand

Post by smiley Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 am

what a great idea...I am too frightened of face book but alot of people love it ..I find it freaky on there..but thats just me ha ha! I have been very open in the past but now I hold back as it is the first weapon people will use to hurt you. good luck though!it might help someone to reach out.....
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 am

Facebook, right from the get go required people to use their real names, where as on sites like Bebo (RIP) users hid behind a username.

I believe you can change your group settings so that only members can read the contents. But still.. the benefit of a private site like this is that we can choose to have little or no information about ourselves on the site... where as facebook is usually a lot more revealing.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum