The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Next???

2 posters

Go down

What Next??? Empty What Next???

Post by let-me-out Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 am

Hey there,
Well Today I quit my Job! I have been so down lately that I just couldnt get out of bed to go, and of course the boss was not amused and I just couldnt stand to keep trying everyday to go to work for someone when I need so much "Work" myself. I have no idea how I'm going to make ends meet but the way I feel I just really dont even care! I'm sick of hearing oh look once you get there you'll be fine or well you have to go what else are you going to do? To be honest I dont know what to do, I just dont! I wish I could just "knuckle down" and go to work or go back to the gym or ANYTHING but its just such a Fight to move, I dont know what I'm afraid of or how to change how I feel, So I was wondering - Whats Next for me??? Has anyone been in this situation?

let-me-out

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

What Next??? Empty Re: What Next???

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 am

register with WINZ? Find a sugar daddy?check the job section of your paper? move in with family / Firends?

Best of luck..
Dj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:43 am

Hi let-me-out

I'm so sorry to read that life right now is not going so well. Umm Yes to 'has anyone been in this situation". My "what's next for me" approach would be to make an appointment with a Dr or contact your local mental health team. They will be able to help you get medical help and financial help.

Taking time out is okay and sounds like this is something you need right now. I hope you can ask a 'friend' or family member to help you take the steps to look after you.

Keep writing in here, it does help heaps. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that others have and maybe still are where you are right now, and are healing. The first step you have already taken, is recognising that 'work' right now is about you and not the 'boss'.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 am

LMO,
I don't usually Post in The Honorary Blokes Section of TBBD - but tonight I am. Embarassed

I do understand pretty much how things might be feeling today.

My last employer was Ministry of Social Developement and at midday one day, I stood up, logged off their SWIFT programme, handed me I.D. stuff in and said I can't do it for a moment longer. Five minutes to lunchtime, I had a job. 25 minutes later, I was a train wreck. Believe me, it was wreck worth living through, and you can and you will too. Congratulations on proving you are a Survivor, because what you did, is what survivors need to do. Hey, and it might only turn out to be a mild derailment, not a head on smash type train wreck.

Right now, I 'd say that what Poetry says (thats a painful admission) is spot on, hon.

It is OK to empower others to step in, guide and help you. But you'll have to let them know you need them. Tomorrow morning, k. Choice, thanks.

Personally, I'd prolly not go looking for a Sugar Daddy or job hunting right now because I suspect you're quite delicate feeling at the moment and ya gotta look after you, before any other consideration. flower

Sorry for butting in. LMO - its just, yeah, Been There, Done That, Didn't Save Enough to Buy The T-Shirt. flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Thats great that the mental health team may help financially... there have been many times I thought I'd walk out of my job, only to feel terrified of being without any money, so I stayed.

hope you are feeling ok.. or as ok as you can be...

cheers
Dj

Back to top Go down

Post by let-me-out Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh I cant say Thanyou enough for your kind words and advice, it really does feel great to finally be able say the things I've wanted to say for such a long time and hear that its ok to feel that way and I'm not crazy! Just in need of help Smile SO thankyou all again it gives me HOPE! I woke up not entirely freaking out about giving up my job, but still a little scared. I'm going to take today for a bit of reflection and take up your advice and make an appointment with my Dr. THANKYOU, THANKYOU,THANKYOU Smile

let-me-out

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 am

Hey Let-Me-Out

Hope your doctors appointment went ok. You have two options with WINZ. The first is the sickness benifit which is for short term (renewed every six months) or the invalids benifit which is longer term (reassesed evry two years, more support and more money). Talk to your doctor about which will suit you best.

Sadly there isnt much support for mental health consumers in Marlborough, or atleast there wasn't when I was there. If you are in Blenheim or can make it into Blenheim there is Richmond Fellowship, their number is 577 8800. They run a drop in centre and have a day program etc which may be of use to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum